Wednesday, December 1, 2010
November by the numbers
By Mark Stepneski
The month of November is in books for the Dallas Stars and the NHL. Here’s a look at some of the numbers for the Dallas Stars.
* The Stars went 8-4-1 in November for a points percentage of .654. That was tied with Vancouver for fourth best in the West, behind only Detroit (.808), Phoenix (.692) and Columbus (.667).
* The Stars were 5-0-1 at home in November, outscoring their opponents 24-15.
* The Stars lost their first four road games in November, but won their last three to finish the month 3-4-0 away from home.
* The Stars averaged 2.77 goals per game in November. They averaged 4.00 in six home games and 1.71 per game in 7 road games. The Stars are averaging 2.87 goals per game for the season, which ranks 12th in the league.
* The Stars allowed 2.62 goals per game in November. They allowed 2.50 per game at home and 2.71 per game on the road. The Stars are allowing 2.65 goals for the season, which ranks 11th in the league.
* During 5-on-5 play in November, the Stars outscored their opposition 25-22.
* The Stars’ penalty kill was 41-48 during the month for 85.4 percent. It was 19-22 (86.4 percent) on the road.
* The Stars’ power play was 8-50 (16.0) in November. It was 7-28 (25.0 percent) at home and 1-22 (4.5 percent) on the road.
* The Stars won 370 of 783 faceoffs in the month for a percentage of 47.3. They won 51.1 percent of their draws in October.
Individual player notes
Here are some stats on individual players for the month of November.
* Kari Lehtonen was 7-3-1 with a 2.35 goals against average and .920 save percentage in November.
* Loui Eriksson led the Stars in scoring for the month with 16 points (5 goals, 11 assists) in 13 games.
* Brad Richards led Dallas with 8 goals in November.
* Eriksson, James Neal and Jamie Benn were next in goal scoring with 5 each.
* Eriksson’s 11 assists topped the Stars in November, followed by Mike Ribeiro’s 9.
* Eriksson led Dallas with 3 power play goals and Stephane Robidas was tops with 5 power play assists in November.
* Eriksson and Neal were tied for the team lead with a plus-6 rating in November.
* Trevor Daley led all Dallas defensemen with a plus-5 rating in November.
* There Stars were tied at a team-low minus-4 rating in November – Adam Burish, Steve Ott and Toby Petersen.
* Brad Richards won 55.1 percent of his faceoffs in the month and Mike Ribeiro won just 39.7 of his draws.
* Unofficially, the Stars lost 6 man-games to injury during November – Mark Fistric (3) and Krys Barch (3). They’ve lost 9 man-games for the season. Jamie Benn missed 3 games in October due to concussion-like symptoms.