Thursday, December 9, 2010
By Mark Stepneski
Carolina Hurricanes at Dallas Stars
Friday December 10
TV: Fox Sports Southwest
About the Stars
The Stars (16-9-2) are coming off a 5-3 loss in Chicago on Wednesday. The Stars trailed 3-0 and 4-1 in the game and got within 4-3, but couldn’t get the equalizer.
"It's tough when you battle back like that and you don't get the result you want,”" said forward James Neal, who had one goal and one assist in the game.
The Stars went 0-1-1 on a brief two-game road trip.
The Stars recalled D Maxime Fortunus from Texas (AHL) on Thursday and assigned D Philip Larsen to Texas (AHL).
Injuries: G Kari Lehtonen (back) is questionable. F Toby Petersen (hand) and F Krys Barch (foot/ankle) are out. D Mark Fistric is in the AHL on a conditioning assignment.
About the Hurricanes
The Hurricanes (11-12-3) haven’t played since losing, 5-2, to Nashville on Saturday. The Hurricanes were outshot 17-10 in the first period and fell behind 3-1.
"We made some big mistakes that caused us problems," Carolina coach Paul Maurice said. "We are prone to trying to do too many big things instead of a bunch of little things."
The Hurricanes, who have lost three of their last four games, are 3-5-3 in their last nine games.
Injuries: No major injuries.
- This is the second of two meetings between the teams this season.
- The Stars are 1-0-0 and the Hurricanes are 0-1-0.
- Monday November 29 | At Carolina | Dallas 4, Carolina 1
- The Stars have outscored their opponents 34-19 during their nine-game points streak (8-0-1) at home.
- The Stars are 12-47 (25.5 percent) on the power play during their nine-game points streak at home.
- The Stars have scored on the power play in nine of their last 11 games at home and are 14-58 (24.1 percent) during that stretch.
- Carolina is 12-12 on the penalty kill over the last five games and 18-19 (94.7 percent) over the last seven games.
- The Stars are 30-35 (85.7 percent) on the penalty kill in their last nine home games and 22-25 (88.0 percent) on the PK in their last nine games overall.
- Carolina is 0-13 on the power play over its last four games.