Friday, December 10, 2010
By Mark Stepneski
Game summary: Dallas 2, Carolina 1 (SO)
The Dallas Stars topped the Carolina Hurricanes 2-1 in a shootout Friday night at American Airlines Center. Andrew Raycroft stopped 22 of 23 shots in regulation and overtime and then was 3-3 in the shootout for the Stars. James Neal scored the regulation goal for the Stars and Brad Richards scored the only goal of the shootout.
- The Stars are 9-0-1 in their last 10 home games (9-0-1).
- The Stars are 11-2-2 in one-goal games this season. The 11 victories are tops in the NHL.
- The Stars were 5-5 on the penalty kill in the game and are now 27-30 (90.0%) over their last ten games.
- The Stars were 0-4 on the power play and are 0-9 over their last three games.
- The Stars won 29 of 58 (50 percent) faceoffs.
- The Stars improved to 3-2 in shootouts this season.
- Andrew Raycroft has won 5 of his last 6 shootouts dating packing to 2008-09, when he played for Vancouver.
- Brad Richards is 3-5 on shootout attempts this season.
- James Neal ran his points streak to six games (4 goals, 4 assists).
- Neal’s goal was his 12th of the season, tying him with Richards for the team lead.
Injured: Lehtonen (lower body), Petersen (hand), Barch (foot/ankle)
Power play units
Penalty kill units