SURPRISE, Ariz. -- A few quick notes to get things going on this Wednesday.
* DH Vladimir Guerrero was in the clubhouse talking with several players. He is expected to chat with the media briefly following the workouts today. We'll keep you posted.
* LHP Derek Holland (sprained right knee) is scheduled to long toss today as he continues to ease back into baseball activities. He could be throwing off a mound soon as long as he doesn't have any setbacks. He does have a small brace on his knee for added protection.
* C Jarrod Saltalamacchia threw to bases for the first time on Tuesday and said he felt good. He said he hasn't been limited at all and is doing everything everyone else is doing, like catching bullpen sessions and live batting practice. "It should only get better the more I do it, but I'm pleased," Saltalamacchia said.
* Marcus Lemon is in major league camp to give the Rangers an additional reserve infielder now that Khalil Greene isn't reporting to camp.
* Today is the first full squad workouts and it's going to be a longer day. Manager Ron Washington is addressing the team in a meeting and then they will head to the field. They may be out there until after 1 p.m. Arizona time to take advantage of the good weather. The veterans that didn't complete their physicals yet are doing so today.