Kinsler progressing (other clubhouse notes)
* 2B Ian Kinsler said he is "progressing smoothly" right now with his right high ankle sprain. Of course, that means he's doing very little in the way of baseball activity. He did say he was going to throw today to keep his arm strength up. But he's doing some fast walking, but not running and basically taking it easy to make sure it's completely healed before he returns. "I want to make sure I can rotate it by the time the season starts," Kinsler said. "It's getting better everyday." Kinsler didn't put a timetable on a return, but the Rangers said he's still looking at that 7-day window. Stay tuned.
* Michael Kirkman said he's fine and has been cleared to resume baseball activities after a line drive hit him in the ear. Kirkman said he knew he was OK when he was walking back behind the mound and only felt a little ringing in his ear. "The ball bounced in the dirt and came at me quick," Kirkman said. "If that's anywhere besides the desert, I'm not sure it isn't just a ground ball back to the mound that I field."
* OF Brandon Boggs (shoulder) has no limitations and RHP Warner Madrigal (forearm soreness) is still scheduled to have an MRI today with the results coming tomorrow.
* The Rangers have a "B" game on Tuesday and Luis Mendoza, Guillermo Moscoso, Omar Beltre and Edwar Ramirez are scheduled to pitch.
* RHP Neftali Feliz and LHP C.J. Wilson will pitch back-to-back in Mesa against the Cubs on Tuesday. Both are scheduled to pitch four innings. RHP Pedro Strop will pitch one inning after them.
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Rangers GM Jon Daniels joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to tackle the tough questions after his team failed to advance to the playoffs.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway and Company to discuss having Nelson Cruz back in the lineup and how the Rangers are feeling heading into their wild-card play-in game against the Rays.
Play Podcast ESPN Insider and senior MLB analyst Jim Bowden joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to discuss the wild-card race and the Rangers' chances of making the playoffs.
Play Podcast Chuck Cooperstein joins Ian Fitzsimmons and Tim MacMahon to discuss why he feels Rangers pitcher Yu Darvish isn't an ace.
Play Podcast Elvis Andrus joins Galloway and Company to discuss the Rangers' stretch run and the morale level in their clubhouse.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway and Company to discuss the latest Rangers news, including the team's struggles, Ron Washington's job security and a rumored trade with the Braves.
Play Podcast Ron Washington joins Ian Fitzsimmons and Tim MacMahon to discuss the Rangers' dismal September, who's to blame for their September struggles and his status as the team's manager.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett discuss how some people are calling for the Rangers to fire manager Ron Washington.