* Rangers pitchers recorded 14 strikeouts Sunday, their most ever against the Red Sox in a nine-inning game. C.J. Wilson set a career high with 10 strikeouts.
* Wilson is 2-0 vs. the Red Sox this year. The Red Sox have scored only one run on seven hits against Wilson in 13 1/3 innings in his two starts.
* David Ortiz, the only left-handed hitter in Boston's starting lineup, went 0-for-3 against Wilson. Lefties are now hitting an anemic .093 (9-for-97) off Wilson on the year.
* The last Ranger to steal home before Julio Borbon did it Sunday was Ricky Ledee, who pulled it off Sept. 23, 2001, against the Angels.
* Vladimir Guerrero completed his first career regular-season appearance in left field without incident. David Murphy went in as a defensive replacement in the eighth. Guerrero has played left in two All-Star Games.
* Saturday's outing by Cliff Lee was his sixth consecutive start with at least eight innings and fewer than two walks. According to ESPN Stats and Analysis, that ties him for the majors' second longest such streak in the last 30 years. Greg Maddux did it for seven straight games in 1994. Lee's only walk in nine innings, by the way, was intentional.
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Rangers GM Jon Daniels joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to tackle the tough questions after his team failed to advance to the playoffs.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway and Company to discuss having Nelson Cruz back in the lineup and how the Rangers are feeling heading into their wild-card play-in game against the Rays.
Play Podcast ESPN Insider and senior MLB analyst Jim Bowden joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to discuss the wild-card race and the Rangers' chances of making the playoffs.
Play Podcast Chuck Cooperstein joins Ian Fitzsimmons and Tim MacMahon to discuss why he feels Rangers pitcher Yu Darvish isn't an ace.
Play Podcast Elvis Andrus joins Galloway and Company to discuss the Rangers' stretch run and the morale level in their clubhouse.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway and Company to discuss the latest Rangers news, including the team's struggles, Ron Washington's job security and a rumored trade with the Braves.
Play Podcast Ron Washington joins Ian Fitzsimmons and Tim MacMahon to discuss the Rangers' dismal September, who's to blame for their September struggles and his status as the team's manager.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett discuss how some people are calling for the Rangers to fire manager Ron Washington.