ARLINGTON, Texas -- A few more interesting facts and figures from the Rangers' 1-0 win on Saturday (thanks to the Rangers media relations staff and ESPN Stats & Information):
* The Angels put 64.9 percent of their swings in play, a season high for C.J. Wilson opponents, and recorded only nine foul balls, a season low. Wilson certainly let his fielders do the work behind him and stayed aggressive. That was one reason he was so efficient.
* Wilson pounded the fastball as 91 of his 104 total pitches, 87.5 percent, were fastballs. That's by far his highest since becoming a starter (78 percent was his previous high). He has not allowed a hot off an offspeed pitch in his last three starts.
* Wilson held the Angels to 0-for-6 with runners on base, and 0-for-7 when the hitters were ahead in the count. Anaheim failed to get a runner into scoring position the entire game.
* It was the fifth 1-0 win for the Rangers in the history of Rangers Ballpark in Arlington. The last was June 11, 2009. Wilson, who got the win last night, recorded the save that night as Keivn Millwood pitched well.
* The Rangers are 57-40, matching the club's high of 17 games over .500 for the third time this season. It matches the 1999 club for the franchise's best record in team history through 97 games.