DALLAS -- The lobby is still pretty busy this afternoon at the Hilton Anatole. Some of the buzz from a quick trip through it:
* C.J. Wilson's agent, Bob Garber, confirmed that he has a meeting with the Rangers tonight. Wilson said earlier on 103. 3 FM's Ben & Skin Show that GM Jon Daniels and Garber were scheduled to have dinner. We'll see if the Rangers jump into the act with an offer and if possible destinations narrow this week.
* The Rangers continue to have heavy interest in Mark Buehrle, who would likely command a shorter contract. Reports are that teams are looking at three years at something just under $40 million. Perhaps the team that jumps to a fourth year lands Buehrle. ESPN.com's Buster Olney tweeted that Buehrle has narrowed the list to five teams.
* Angels manager Mike Scioscia complimented C.J. Wilson in his scrum with the media (more on blog later). But the general thinking in the lobby is that the Angels aren't going to pay Wilson more than the deal Jered Weaver got and that they aren't going to six years. The Angels are clearly interested, but it may come down to price.
* Albert Pujols sure is the talk of the Hilton Anatole today. Sources told Olney that he has a 10-year offer in hand from the Miami Marlins, who sure are spending money in Dallas. One key would be if the Marlins are willing to put in a no-trade clause for Pujols. Anyway, that story is certainly heating up.
* Saw Darek Braunecker in the lobby moments ago and spoke with him briefly. Last year, it would have been nearly impossible to speak with Braunecker privately with Cliff Lee on the market and the Rangers in hot pursuit. This year, his group (Jim Lindell) has Jeff Francis. They've also got some players they hope to find some homes on minor league deals with invites to spring training.
* Toronto GM Alex Anthopolous (who went to high school with me) was in the media room talking about trading for closer Sergio Santos from the White Sox for pitching prospect Nestor Molina. Lots of chatter about what this may mean for future deals involving Chicago. Could John Danks get moved? He's a former Ranger and the club still likes him. Maybe Gavin Floyd and Carlos Quentin could be on the market too. Stay tuned.
More to come later.