Surprise Six: Lots of rotation talk
1. Yu Darvish's first Cactus League start is Wednesday, March 7, in Peoria against San Diego. Darvish threw 36 pitches to a couple of minor league hitters Monday and felt good after moving the screen away from him a little bit, freeing him up. More on all of that here.
2. The rotation is set for the first five Cactus League games. That includes Colby Lewis and Scott Feldman on Sunday, followed by Derek Holland and Alexi Ogando on Monday, Matt Harrison on Tuesday, Darvish on Wednesday and Neftali Feliz on Thursday.
3. The biggest position battle this spring is in center field. Here's a look at the candidates and an overview of the position.
4. LHP Joe Beimel remains day-to-day, but the organization isn't too concerned about the elbow stiffness. He could get back on the mound soon, but was not on a mound on Monday. Elvis Andrus (Plantar's wart) didn't participate in all on-field activities, but said he felt better.
5. Manager Ron Washington continues to work with the utility infielders in an effort to get a look at each of them. That's one of the open spots this spring.
6. The Rangers agreed to deals with 13 pre-arbitration players Monday, including Derek Holland and Neftali Feliz.
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Ron Washington joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett for his weekly visit to discuss the magnitude of Monday's win against Oakland, how he plans on using Jurickson Profar and how to handle a struggling ballclub.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway & Company to discuss the Rangers' six-game losing streak and how to get out of their slump.
Play Podcast General manager Jon Daniels joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett to discuss the Rangers' offensive struggles, injuries and the plan for Jurickson Profar once Ian Kinsler returns from the disabled list.
Play Podcast Jim Bowden joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett for his weekly visit to discuss the Rangers and a potential game-changing trade target for Jon Daniels and company.
Play Podcast Neal Cotts joins Galloway & Company to discuss pitching for the Rangers.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway & Company to discuss the latest Rangers news, the mistakes the team has been making and possible trades.
Play Podcast Steve Busby joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett to talk about the Rangers' road trip, surviving an 18-inning game and more.
Play Podcast Eric Nadel, the radio voice of the Texas Rangers, explains on Galloway & Company the bullpen situation that forced Ron Washington's hand in the Boston finale.