Club announces ticket specials, promotions
Tickets for all 2012 home games go on sale Saturday at 9 a.m. at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington, texasrangers.com or by calling 972-RANGERS. There aren't many tickets left for Opening Day, but fans can still get in with a 10- or 20-game package. As for the promotions, here are some highlights (from the club's release) and yes, that includes Nolan Ryan Snow Monkey night July 1:
* Rangers 40th Anniversary Items: Giveaway items will include Michaels Rangers 40th Anniversary Calendar on April 7; FOX Sports Southwest 1970’s Rangers Cap on May 12; JCPenney Mother’s Day Pink Retro T-Shirt on May 13; Sweet Baby Ray’s Nolan Ryan Retro T-Shirt on June 16; Coca-Cola Rangers 40th Anniversary Mug on July 7; and Smile Generation Rangers Powder Blue T-Shirt on August 11
* The Rangers will highlight their 2011 A.L. Championship Season with the American League Replica Trophy presented by Mission giveaway on April 8.
* Dr Pepper and Snapple present the Kids Giveaway Jersey Series: Snapple Napoli Red Jersey on April 29; Dr Pepper Cruz White Jersey on May 27; and Dr Pepper Andrus Blue Jersey on July 29
* Three Bobblehead Giveaways: Medical Center Arlington Beltre Bobblehead on April 28; Kinsler Bobblehead on August 12; and Washington Bobblehead on August 25.
* First of its Kind Giveaway: Chicken Express Nolan Ryan Snow Monkey Night on July 1.
* Post-Game Fireworks Shows will take place every Friday night, a total of 12 shows which are all Verizon Wireless Fireworks Fridays with discounts on tickets and parking.
* Three pre or post-game concerts: Pre-game concert with Casting Crowns on May 26 and post-game concerts with Reckless Kelly on June 30 and Jack Ingram on July 28.
* Promotional items featuring eight different Rangers: Elvis Andrus, Adrian Beltre, Nelson Cruz, Josh Hamilton, Ian Kinsler, Mike Napoli, Ron Washington and the newest Ranger Yu Darvish (T-Shirt giveaway on June 30).
* Fans can bring their dogs to the ballpark on May 15 for Bark in the Park presented by Natural Balance Pet Foods (advanced registration required and available starting March 5 on texasrangers.com/barkinthepark).
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Rangers shortstop Elvis Andrus joins Galloway & Company to discuss having Scott Boras as his agent, his new contract and having Jurickson Profar in the lineup.
Play Podcast Rangers manager Ron Washington joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett for his weekly visit to discuss Yu Darvish's pitch count and how he spends time in the clubhouse during weather delays.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway & Company for his weekly visit to discuss the latest Rangers news.
Play Podcast Reid Ryan joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett to discuss his new position with the Houston Astros and whether he could see his dad, Nolan, joining him there in the future.
Play Podcast ESPN MLB Insider Jayson Stark joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett to discuss if the Rangers are the best team in baseball, what makes them so good and if he thinks the team will trade Jurickson Profar.
Play Podcast Jim Bowden joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett to discuss Ron Washington's decision to send Yu Darvish to the mound for the eighth inning Thursday night and how he would handle a situation like that if he were still a GM.
Play Podcast Randy Galloway, Matt Mosley and Glenn "Stretch" Smith discuss the latest Rangers news, including the Yu Darvish-Justin Verlander matchup.
Play Podcast Nelson Cruz joins Galloway & Company to discuss the Rangers' series in Oakland, his ups and downs at the plate and if the PED talks before the season were a distraction.