SURPRISE, Ariz. -- The Rangers on Wednesday announced some ticket specials and promotion games for the 2012 season.
Tickets for all 2012 home games go on sale Saturday at 9 a.m. at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington, texasrangers.com or by calling 972-RANGERS. There aren't many tickets left for Opening Day, but fans can still get in with a 10- or 20-game package. As for the promotions, here are some highlights (from the club's release) and yes, that includes Nolan Ryan Snow Monkey night July 1:
* Rangers 40th Anniversary Items: Giveaway items will include Michaels Rangers 40th Anniversary Calendar on April 7; FOX Sports Southwest 1970’s Rangers Cap on May 12; JCPenney Mother’s Day Pink Retro T-Shirt on May 13; Sweet Baby Ray’s Nolan Ryan Retro T-Shirt on June 16; Coca-Cola Rangers 40th Anniversary Mug on July 7; and Smile Generation Rangers Powder Blue T-Shirt on August 11
* The Rangers will highlight their 2011 A.L. Championship Season with the American League Replica Trophy presented by Mission giveaway on April 8.
* Dr Pepper and Snapple present the Kids Giveaway Jersey Series: Snapple Napoli Red Jersey on April 29; Dr Pepper Cruz White Jersey on May 27; and Dr Pepper Andrus Blue Jersey on July 29
* Three Bobblehead Giveaways: Medical Center Arlington Beltre Bobblehead on April 28; Kinsler Bobblehead on August 12; and Washington Bobblehead on August 25.
* First of its Kind Giveaway: Chicken Express Nolan Ryan Snow Monkey Night on July 1.
* Post-Game Fireworks Shows will take place every Friday night, a total of 12 shows which are all Verizon Wireless Fireworks Fridays with discounts on tickets and parking.
* Three pre or post-game concerts: Pre-game concert with Casting Crowns on May 26 and post-game concerts with Reckless Kelly on June 30 and Jack Ingram on July 28.
* Promotional items featuring eight different Rangers: Elvis Andrus, Adrian Beltre, Nelson Cruz, Josh Hamilton, Ian Kinsler, Mike Napoli, Ron Washington and the newest Ranger Yu Darvish (T-Shirt giveaway on June 30).
* Fans can bring their dogs to the ballpark on May 15 for Bark in the Park presented by Natural Balance Pet Foods (advanced registration required and available starting March 5 on texasrangers.com/barkinthepark).