Some thoughts on AA Frisco's 5-4 loss
* Jurickson Profar played second base for just the second time this season. And he didn't see much action over there. Arkansas hit two balls his way and he handled both of them. Profar did make one nice play, going to his right to backhand an in-between hop on a hard-hit ball in the eighth.
* With Profar at second, Leury Garcia played shortstop and he struggled. He had an error in the ninth to score the winning run, booting a ball that was hit right at him. He missed a hard-hit ball earlier in the game that was called a hit. The last time Garcia played shortstop was Friday, when he had three errors (two of them on throws). He's played SS three times this season.
* Mike Olt got the game off and Alex Buchholz played third base. At some point soon, Olt will get some chances at first base.
* LHP Miguel De Los Santos started the game and gave up three earned on four hits in four innings of work with five strikeouts and two walks. He threw 78 pitches (48 of them strikes).
* RHP Fabio Castillo pitched two innings on Tuesday and worked out of a two-out jam in the sixth. He gave up two hits and a walk to load the bases and then got a strikeout on a nice slider on a 3-2 count to Angel Castillo, the No. 9 hitter for Arkansas.
* Left-handed hitting Chris McGuiness hit his second homer in as many days with a two-run shot in the sixth. It was a long one to right field. That long ball gave Frisco the lead briefly before Arkansas tied it up the next half-inning.
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Rangers shortstop Elvis Andrus joins Galloway & Company to discuss having Scott Boras as his agent, his new contract and having Jurickson Profar in the lineup.
Play Podcast Rangers manager Ron Washington joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett for his weekly visit to discuss Yu Darvish's pitch count and how he spends time in the clubhouse during weather delays.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway & Company for his weekly visit to discuss the latest Rangers news.
Play Podcast Reid Ryan joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett to discuss his new position with the Houston Astros and whether he could see his dad, Nolan, joining him there in the future.
Play Podcast ESPN MLB Insider Jayson Stark joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett to discuss if the Rangers are the best team in baseball, what makes them so good and if he thinks the team will trade Jurickson Profar.
Play Podcast Jim Bowden joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett to discuss Ron Washington's decision to send Yu Darvish to the mound for the eighth inning Thursday night and how he would handle a situation like that if he were still a GM.
Play Podcast Randy Galloway, Matt Mosley and Glenn "Stretch" Smith discuss the latest Rangers news, including the Yu Darvish-Justin Verlander matchup.
Play Podcast Nelson Cruz joins Galloway & Company to discuss the Rangers' series in Oakland, his ups and downs at the plate and if the PED talks before the season were a distraction.