Week ahead: Rangers face NYY, Tampa Bay
* Pudge Rodriguez will retire prior to Monday's game with the Yankees, doing so as a Ranger. The pregame ceremony starts at 5:35 p.m. on the field and will conclude with Rodriguez throwing out the first pitch to Michael Young. Join us here at ESPN Dallas for all of the coverage.
* Texas will face a Yankees team that is 7-3 in its last 10 games and is second to Texas in batting average (.285). The Yankees lead the league in runs per game, though, at six. So watch how the Rangers' pitching staff, which leads the league with a 2.48 ERA, handles the vaunted Yankee lineup.
* It also means former Ranger Mark Teixeira is back as well. He's returned many times since he was dealt in 2007 for a package that included Elvis Andrus, Neftali Feliz and Matt Harrison -- three players who will see action this homestand for Texas. Teixeira is batting .288 with three homers and 11 RBIs.
* Tampa Bay's James Shields is likely to pitch against the Rangers. He is 3-0 with a 2.76 ERA in four starts and was magnificant in two regular season starts vs. Texas last season going 2-0 with a 0.53 ERA in 17 innings with 13 strikeouts and three walks. The Rangers beat the Rays in the ALDS in 2010 and 2011 on their way to the World Series both years.
* It should be six games of nearly full houses. Texas has few remaining tickets to the Yankees' series and could also get sellouts for all three of the Tampa Bay games. That includes another ESPN Sunday Night Baseball game for the Rangers on April 29 against the Rays.
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Rangers shortstop Elvis Andrus joins Galloway & Company to discuss having Scott Boras as his agent, his new contract and having Jurickson Profar in the lineup.
Play Podcast Rangers manager Ron Washington joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett for his weekly visit to discuss Yu Darvish's pitch count and how he spends time in the clubhouse during weather delays.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway & Company for his weekly visit to discuss the latest Rangers news.
Play Podcast Reid Ryan joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett to discuss his new position with the Houston Astros and whether he could see his dad, Nolan, joining him there in the future.
Play Podcast ESPN MLB Insider Jayson Stark joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett to discuss if the Rangers are the best team in baseball, what makes them so good and if he thinks the team will trade Jurickson Profar.
Play Podcast Jim Bowden joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett to discuss Ron Washington's decision to send Yu Darvish to the mound for the eighth inning Thursday night and how he would handle a situation like that if he were still a GM.
Play Podcast Randy Galloway, Matt Mosley and Glenn "Stretch" Smith discuss the latest Rangers news, including the Yu Darvish-Justin Verlander matchup.
Play Podcast Nelson Cruz joins Galloway & Company to discuss the Rangers' series in Oakland, his ups and downs at the plate and if the PED talks before the season were a distraction.