Rangers draft: Who goes No. 1?
So with that in mind, let's do a quick first-round draft for the Rangers.
The rules: You have to pick a Ranger on the current big league roster. (Mike Olt, Jurickson Profar and others aren't eligible). It's a player you want to build your team around right now. And you don't worry about contracts. Take the player you want. That gives you many choices:
* Do you want to go with 25-year-old Yu Darvish, who showed off ace potential on Tuesday night against the Yankees? Maybe starting with the rotation isn't a bad idea.
* Do you want one of the top second baseman in the game and a versatile leadoff hitter and an important leader in the clubhouse in Ian Kinsler?
* What about Josh Hamilton? He's in his prime and putting up MVP numbers, but there are injury concerns and he's not a young man anymore.
* Possibly Neftali Feliz, Derek Holland or Matt Harrison for your rotation and huge upside?
* Does Mike Napoli get some interest?
* What about the relief weapon (or you could make him a starter again) in Alexi Ogando?
There are many options. You sort through them and let us know: Who is your No. 1 pick for the Rangers?
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Rangers GM Jon Daniels joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to tackle the tough questions after his team failed to advance to the playoffs.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway and Company to discuss having Nelson Cruz back in the lineup and how the Rangers are feeling heading into their wild-card play-in game against the Rays.
Play Podcast ESPN Insider and senior MLB analyst Jim Bowden joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to discuss the wild-card race and the Rangers' chances of making the playoffs.
Play Podcast Chuck Cooperstein joins Ian Fitzsimmons and Tim MacMahon to discuss why he feels Rangers pitcher Yu Darvish isn't an ace.
Play Podcast Elvis Andrus joins Galloway and Company to discuss the Rangers' stretch run and the morale level in their clubhouse.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway and Company to discuss the latest Rangers news, including the team's struggles, Ron Washington's job security and a rumored trade with the Braves.
Play Podcast Ron Washington joins Ian Fitzsimmons and Tim MacMahon to discuss the Rangers' dismal September, who's to blame for their September struggles and his status as the team's manager.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett discuss how some people are calling for the Rangers to fire manager Ron Washington.