Rangers draft: Who goes No. 1?
So with that in mind, let's do a quick first-round draft for the Rangers.
The rules: You have to pick a Ranger on the current big league roster. (Mike Olt, Jurickson Profar and others aren't eligible). It's a player you want to build your team around right now. And you don't worry about contracts. Take the player you want. That gives you many choices:
* Do you want to go with 25-year-old Yu Darvish, who showed off ace potential on Tuesday night against the Yankees? Maybe starting with the rotation isn't a bad idea.
* Do you want one of the top second baseman in the game and a versatile leadoff hitter and an important leader in the clubhouse in Ian Kinsler?
* What about Josh Hamilton? He's in his prime and putting up MVP numbers, but there are injury concerns and he's not a young man anymore.
* Possibly Neftali Feliz, Derek Holland or Matt Harrison for your rotation and huge upside?
* Does Mike Napoli get some interest?
* What about the relief weapon (or you could make him a starter again) in Alexi Ogando?
There are many options. You sort through them and let us know: Who is your No. 1 pick for the Rangers?
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Rangers shortstop Elvis Andrus joins Galloway & Company to discuss having Scott Boras as his agent, his new contract and having Jurickson Profar in the lineup.
Play Podcast Rangers manager Ron Washington joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett for his weekly visit to discuss Yu Darvish's pitch count and how he spends time in the clubhouse during weather delays.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway & Company for his weekly visit to discuss the latest Rangers news.
Play Podcast Reid Ryan joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett to discuss his new position with the Houston Astros and whether he could see his dad, Nolan, joining him there in the future.
Play Podcast ESPN MLB Insider Jayson Stark joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett to discuss if the Rangers are the best team in baseball, what makes them so good and if he thinks the team will trade Jurickson Profar.
Play Podcast Jim Bowden joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett to discuss Ron Washington's decision to send Yu Darvish to the mound for the eighth inning Thursday night and how he would handle a situation like that if he were still a GM.
Play Podcast Randy Galloway, Matt Mosley and Glenn "Stretch" Smith discuss the latest Rangers news, including the Yu Darvish-Justin Verlander matchup.
Play Podcast Nelson Cruz joins Galloway & Company to discuss the Rangers' series in Oakland, his ups and downs at the plate and if the PED talks before the season were a distraction.