More facts, figures on Adrian Beltre's HR
* It was the first go-ahead home run in extra innings by a Ranger (regular season only) since Mitch Moreland’s walk-off HR in the 11th on June 21, 2011, vs. Houston. BTW, Texas had two go-ahead homers in extra innings in the 2011 postseason -- Nelson Cruz's walk-off grand slam in ALCS Game 2 and Josh Hamilton's go-ahead home run in World Series Game 6.
* It was the first regular-season, extra-inning go-ahead home run of three or more runs by a Ranger since Gary Matthews Jr. hit one July 27, 2005, at Baltimore (Texas will head to Baltimore following today's game).
* The home run was just the third pinch-hit long ball in the last five seasons. The others: Chris Davis (Sept. 20, 2010, at Angels) and Esteban German (Sept. 3, 2011, at Boston).
* This was the earliest date in a season for Texas to have a pinch-hit homer since April 19, 2000, when Pudge Rodriguez hit a game-tying two-run home run off Mariano Rivera in the ninth in Arlington.
* The last two times a Texas batter has been intentionally walked, Beltre has been the next hitter, and he hit a three-run homer both times (consecutive Saturdays, other 4/28 vs. Tampa Bay, both on second pitch of AB).
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Jim Bowden joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett for his weekly visit to discuss a hypothetical Jurickson Profar for Cliff Lee trade, how he would handle Profar's playing time with the Rangers and more.
Play Podcast Rangers shortstop Elvis Andrus joins Galloway & Company to discuss having Scott Boras as his agent, his new contract and having Jurickson Profar in the lineup.
Play Podcast Rangers manager Ron Washington joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett for his weekly visit to discuss Yu Darvish's pitch count and how he spends time in the clubhouse during weather delays.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway & Company for his weekly visit to discuss the latest Rangers news.
Play Podcast Reid Ryan joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett to discuss his new position with the Houston Astros and whether he could see his dad, Nolan, joining him there in the future.
Play Podcast ESPN MLB Insider Jayson Stark joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett to discuss if the Rangers are the best team in baseball, what makes them so good and if he thinks the team will trade Jurickson Profar.
Play Podcast Jim Bowden joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett to discuss Ron Washington's decision to send Yu Darvish to the mound for the eighth inning Thursday night and how he would handle a situation like that if he were still a GM.
Play Podcast Randy Galloway, Matt Mosley and Glenn "Stretch" Smith discuss the latest Rangers news, including the Yu Darvish-Justin Verlander matchup.
- There are no games scheduled for today.