Week ahead: Draft and Bay Area
|Is Ron Washington above criticism when he makes a decision? ESPNDallas.com's Tim MacMahon says Jean-Jacques Taylor gives Wash a free pass and never questions him. JJT explains his stance and the guys discuss. |
* Until this latest run by the Angels, the A's were the second-place team in the AL West. But losing nine of the last 10 going into Sunday's action has them fighting with the Mariners for third place.
* Going into Sunday's games, Oakland's starting pitching has a 4.12 ERA, sixth in the AL. The Rangers, BTW, were at 3.94, third in the league. Oakland's bullpen, however, is second in the AL at 2.76 ERA (Rangers are fourth at 2.82).
* The weekend sets up a rematch of the 2010 World Series and the first time, outside of spring training in Arizona, that the two teams have faced each other since that Game 5 in Arlington. San Francisco remains second in the NL West, trying to track down the Los Angeles Dodgers.
* Scott Feldman will get two starts this week as he continues to hold down the spot vacated by Neftali Feliz because of injury. While Feldman pitches, Roy Oswalt continues to stretch out as he hopes to stay on pace for an arrival in the rotation for around June 20.
* Texas was 6-4 at Oakland in 2011 (and 7-2 against the A's at home).
* The last time they played the Giants in the regular season was 2009. The club was swept in a three-game series at AT&T Park.
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Catcher A.J. Pierzynski joins GAC to share how the Rangers are continuing to "fight the fight" through a tough stretch of games.
Play Podcast The Spurs had a championship in their hands, but melted down late in Game 6. Fitzsimmons & Durrett flash back to one of the most gut-wrenching moments in DFW sports history, Game 6 of the 2011 World Series, and compare it to San Antonio's meltdown.
Play Podcast Ron Washington joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett for his weekly visit to discuss the magnitude of Monday's win against Oakland, how he plans on using Jurickson Profar and how to handle a struggling ballclub.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway & Company to discuss the Rangers' six-game losing streak and how to get out of their slump.
Play Podcast General manager Jon Daniels joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett to discuss the Rangers' offensive struggles, injuries and the plan for Jurickson Profar once Ian Kinsler returns from the disabled list.
Play Podcast Jim Bowden joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett for his weekly visit to discuss the Rangers and a potential game-changing trade target for Jon Daniels and company.
Play Podcast Neal Cotts joins Galloway & Company to discuss pitching for the Rangers.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway & Company to discuss the latest Rangers news, the mistakes the team has been making and possible trades.