W2W4: Rangers vs. Oakland
|Is Ron Washington above criticism when he makes a decision? ESPNDallas.com's Tim MacMahon says Jean-Jacques Taylor gives Wash a free pass and never questions him. JJT explains his stance and the guys discuss. |
* Elvis Andrus. The shortstop bounced back Sunday and played one of his better games of the season, making highlight-reel plays and producing clutch hits. We'll see if it's something he can build on and turn into another extended run of solid play (like he did earlier in the season).
* Opportunity. Texas is catching Oakland as the A's are in the midst of big struggles. Their lineup just can't produce runs. Oakland is 29th in the majors in runs and has been shut out 11 times in its first 54 games. It's the first time a team has been shut out that many times in the first 54 games since the 1954 Pirates and the first AL team to do it since the 1917 (Elias Sports Bureau). Oakland has lost 10 of its last 11 games.
* Josh Reddick. He leads Oakland in basically every offensive category. Reddick is batting .271 with 14 homers and 29 RBIs. To illustrate Oakland's offensive woes, Josh Hamilton just won player of the month for May with 12 homers and 32 RBIs. For the month.
* Adrian Beltre. He's in a bit of a slump the past few games and will try to reverse his fortunes in Oakland this week. Beltre was 0-for-7 with five strikeouts the final two games of the Angels series and 2-for-11 overall.
* Nelson Cruz. He's streaky and that monster home run Sunday was his fourth homer in his last nine games. It's not easy to hit them out in Oakland, but Cruz is certainly crushing mistakes right now.
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Jim Bowden joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett to discuss Ron Washington's decision to send Yu Darvish to the mound for the eighth inning Thursday night and how he would handle a situation like that if he were still a GM.
Play Podcast Randy Galloway, Matt Mosley and Glenn "Stretch" Smith discuss the latest Rangers news, including the Yu Darvish-Justin Verlander matchup.
Play Podcast Nelson Cruz joins Galloway & Company to discuss the Rangers' series in Oakland, his ups and downs at the plate and if the PED talks before the season were a distraction.
Play Podcast Rangers manager Ron Washington joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett live from Oakland for his weekly visit.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway & Company to discuss his role with the Rangers. Ryan says that he has not been in contact with the Astros about a possible opening and he doesn't think that he would be interested anyway.
Play Podcast Jim Bowden joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett for his weekly visit and wastes no time sounding off on MLB umpire Angel Hernandez.
Play Podcast Rangers first baseman Mitch Moreland joins GAC from Milwaukee to discuss what it was like facing former teammate Scott Feldman, Texas' upcoming series and more.
Play Podcast Ron Washington joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett live from Milwaukee for his weekly visit and discusses Nick Tepesch, the Rangers' rotation, interleague play and more.