Week ahead: Baltimore, Minnesota at home
* Baltimore comes to town currently in one of the AL Wild Card positions, a half-game ahead of Oakland and two up on Detroit. So the Orioles have plenty to play for here in late August.
* Ryan Dempster returns to the mound tonight after missing his start this weekend because of personal reasons. He's had an up-and-down start to his Ranger season after pitching so consistently with the Chicago Cubs. He'll look to pitch well tonight and get the homestand started on the right foot for Texas.
* Tonight is ESPN Dallas Rangers blog night at the park. It's a fancy name, but a relaxed event. Rangers assistant GM Thad Levine will conduct a quick Q&A with those of you coming to the game at 6 p.m. in the center field office building. Meet in the lobby around 5:50 p.m. and we'll go up to talk to Thad together. Email me at email@example.com if you have any questions.
* Rangers fans will get to see Tommy Hunter, a former Ranger, when he starts on Wednesday against Derek Holland.
* The Twins come to town for four games starting Thursday. Minnesota is 20 games under .500 and last in the AL Central. It's a weak opponent sandwiched between two teams fighting for the playoffs (the red-hot Tampa Bay Rays come to town early next week).
* Michael Young returns home coming off one of his better offensive games of the season. He had a home run (he hadn't hit one since May) and a double in his first five-RBI game of the season. He ended up a triple shy of the cycle.
* Matt Harrison won't be on the mound against the Orioles after his solid performance on Sunday in Toronto. But he'll face the Twins and then should start the final game of the homestand against the Rays.
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Rangers shortstop Elvis Andrus joins Galloway & Company to discuss having Scott Boras as his agent, his new contract and having Jurickson Profar in the lineup.
Play Podcast Rangers manager Ron Washington joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett for his weekly visit to discuss Yu Darvish's pitch count and how he spends time in the clubhouse during weather delays.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway & Company for his weekly visit to discuss the latest Rangers news.
Play Podcast Reid Ryan joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett to discuss his new position with the Houston Astros and whether he could see his dad, Nolan, joining him there in the future.
Play Podcast ESPN MLB Insider Jayson Stark joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett to discuss if the Rangers are the best team in baseball, what makes them so good and if he thinks the team will trade Jurickson Profar.
Play Podcast Jim Bowden joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett to discuss Ron Washington's decision to send Yu Darvish to the mound for the eighth inning Thursday night and how he would handle a situation like that if he were still a GM.
Play Podcast Randy Galloway, Matt Mosley and Glenn "Stretch" Smith discuss the latest Rangers news, including the Yu Darvish-Justin Verlander matchup.
Play Podcast Nelson Cruz joins Galloway & Company to discuss the Rangers' series in Oakland, his ups and downs at the plate and if the PED talks before the season were a distraction.