More stats on Jurickson Profar's homer
* Profar is second youngest to homer in his first career at-bat and third teenager to do so (Elias). He's also the first teenager (and youngest player) in AL history to homer in his first at-bat.
The youngest to homer in his first MLB at-bat:
1945: Whitey Lockman, 18 years, 345 days
2012: Jurickson Profar, 19 years, 195 days
1950: Ted Tappe, 19 years, 224 days
* Profar (19 yrs, 195 days) is the youngest player to hit a home run and a double in a game since Andruw Jones (19 yrs, 126 days) on Aug. 27, 1996, for the Braves. He's the youngest AL player to do so since Ken Griffey, Jr. (19 yrs, 181 days) on May 21, 1989, for the Mariners.
* He's the youngest player to hit a home run since Adrian Beltre (19 yrs, 171 days) on Sept. 25, 1998.
* He's the youngest Rangers player ever to hit a home run, breaking Ivan Rodriguez's mark on Aug. 30, 1991 (Rodriguez was 19 years, 276 days).
* Profar is the third player this year to homer in his first major league at-bat. Eddy Rodriguez of the Padres did so on August 2, a week after Starling Marté homered for the Pirates (July 26).
* He's the first Ranger to pull off the feat, but he’s the third player in franchise history (Brant Alyea, September 12, 1965; and John Kennedy, September 5, 1962, both as Washington Senators).
* The last Ranger to homer in his first MLB game was Ruben Mateo on June 12, 1999.
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Rangers GM Jon Daniels joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to tackle the tough questions after his team failed to advance to the playoffs.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway and Company to discuss having Nelson Cruz back in the lineup and how the Rangers are feeling heading into their wild-card play-in game against the Rays.
Play Podcast ESPN Insider and senior MLB analyst Jim Bowden joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to discuss the wild-card race and the Rangers' chances of making the playoffs.
Play Podcast Chuck Cooperstein joins Ian Fitzsimmons and Tim MacMahon to discuss why he feels Rangers pitcher Yu Darvish isn't an ace.
Play Podcast Elvis Andrus joins Galloway and Company to discuss the Rangers' stretch run and the morale level in their clubhouse.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway and Company to discuss the latest Rangers news, including the team's struggles, Ron Washington's job security and a rumored trade with the Braves.
Play Podcast Ron Washington joins Ian Fitzsimmons and Tim MacMahon to discuss the Rangers' dismal September, who's to blame for their September struggles and his status as the team's manager.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett discuss how some people are calling for the Rangers to fire manager Ron Washington.