Playoff scenarios: Lots to be decided Wednesday
* If Texas wins, they are the AL West champions and will avoid the AL wild-card game Friday. They would then wait to see what seed they are and who they play.
* The Rangers will be the No. 2 seed if they win and the New York Yankees win. That means they'd face the Detroit Tigers in the ALDS, which would start Saturday in Detroit.
* Texas could still get the No. 1 seed if they win, the Yankees lose, the Orioles win and then Baltimore beats New York on Thursday to claim the AL East title. In that case, the Rangers would get it because they have the tiebreaker over Baltimore.
* If the Rangers lose, they would play in the AL wild-card game Friday. But where and against whom? That depends on what happens with the AL East. If the Yankees win, Texas will face the Orioles. If Baltimore beats Tampa Bay, they'd finish a game ahead of Texas and would host the game. If the Orioles lose, the Rangers would host it. If the Yankees lose and the Orioles win, the loser of Thursday's extra game to decide the AL East would host the Rangers on Friday.
* So the only seed the Rangers can't play for Wednesday is No. 3. That belongs to the Tigers.
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Ron Washington joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett for his weekly visit to discuss the magnitude of Monday's win against Oakland, how he plans on using Jurickson Profar and how to handle a struggling ballclub.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway & Company to discuss the Rangers' six-game losing streak and how to get out of their slump.
Play Podcast General manager Jon Daniels joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett to discuss the Rangers' offensive struggles, injuries and the plan for Jurickson Profar once Ian Kinsler returns from the disabled list.
Play Podcast Jim Bowden joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett for his weekly visit to discuss the Rangers and a potential game-changing trade target for Jon Daniels and company.
Play Podcast Neal Cotts joins Galloway & Company to discuss pitching for the Rangers.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway & Company to discuss the latest Rangers news, the mistakes the team has been making and possible trades.
Play Podcast Steve Busby joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett to talk about the Rangers' road trip, surviving an 18-inning game and more.
Play Podcast Eric Nadel, the radio voice of the Texas Rangers, explains on Galloway & Company the bullpen situation that forced Ron Washington's hand in the Boston finale.