Playoff scenarios: Lots to be decided Wednesday
* If Texas wins, they are the AL West champions and will avoid the AL wild-card game Friday. They would then wait to see what seed they are and who they play.
* The Rangers will be the No. 2 seed if they win and the New York Yankees win. That means they'd face the Detroit Tigers in the ALDS, which would start Saturday in Detroit.
* Texas could still get the No. 1 seed if they win, the Yankees lose, the Orioles win and then Baltimore beats New York on Thursday to claim the AL East title. In that case, the Rangers would get it because they have the tiebreaker over Baltimore.
* If the Rangers lose, they would play in the AL wild-card game Friday. But where and against whom? That depends on what happens with the AL East. If the Yankees win, Texas will face the Orioles. If Baltimore beats Tampa Bay, they'd finish a game ahead of Texas and would host the game. If the Orioles lose, the Rangers would host it. If the Yankees lose and the Orioles win, the loser of Thursday's extra game to decide the AL East would host the Rangers on Friday.
* So the only seed the Rangers can't play for Wednesday is No. 3. That belongs to the Tigers.
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Rangers GM Jon Daniels joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to tackle the tough questions after his team failed to advance to the playoffs.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway and Company to discuss having Nelson Cruz back in the lineup and how the Rangers are feeling heading into their wild-card play-in game against the Rays.
Play Podcast ESPN Insider and senior MLB analyst Jim Bowden joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to discuss the wild-card race and the Rangers' chances of making the playoffs.
Play Podcast Chuck Cooperstein joins Ian Fitzsimmons and Tim MacMahon to discuss why he feels Rangers pitcher Yu Darvish isn't an ace.
Play Podcast Elvis Andrus joins Galloway and Company to discuss the Rangers' stretch run and the morale level in their clubhouse.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway and Company to discuss the latest Rangers news, including the team's struggles, Ron Washington's job security and a rumored trade with the Braves.
Play Podcast Ron Washington joins Ian Fitzsimmons and Tim MacMahon to discuss the Rangers' dismal September, who's to blame for their September struggles and his status as the team's manager.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett discuss how some people are calling for the Rangers to fire manager Ron Washington.