Ballpark menu gets Texas-sized additions
Already on the menu is the Boomstick, a two-foot long, one-pound hot dog. Here is part of the release from the Rangers on the additions to the menu:
* The Totally ROSSome Boomstick: a combination of this season’s much-acclaimed 24-inch Boomstick hot dog and the Totally ROSSome Nachos, this one pound 24-inch hot dog comes topped with smoked brisket, fresh pico, sour cream and crunchy Nacho Cheese Doritos. The Boomstick was named in honor of Rangers’ slugger Nelson Cruz’s bat; the Totally ROSSome Nachos were created as a nod to Rangers rookie relief pitcher Robbie Ross.
* Murph-A-Dilla: a 24-inch quesadilla, topped with beef brisket, lettuce, tomatoes and jalapenos, served on a bed of Nacho Cheese Doritos; named as a tip-of-the-cap to Rangers outfielder David Murphy and his favorite snack.
* The Texas Twenty-Four: a 24-inch-long shaved-steak sandwich, topped with queso blanco, grilled onions and peppers.
* Beltre Buster: a 1-pound hamburger made with Nolan Ryan’s all-natural beef and topped with grilled onions, Monterrey Jack cheese and crispy bacon; served on a bed of kettle chips. This MVP sized burger honors Rangers’ gold glove third baseman Adrian Beltre
* Taki Tacos: This spicy twist on walking tacos features Takis Salsa Brava corn chips, topped in the bag with beef, nacho cheese, sour cream and fresh pico.
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Rangers GM Jon Daniels joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to tackle the tough questions after his team failed to advance to the playoffs.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway and Company to discuss having Nelson Cruz back in the lineup and how the Rangers are feeling heading into their wild-card play-in game against the Rays.
Play Podcast ESPN Insider and senior MLB analyst Jim Bowden joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to discuss the wild-card race and the Rangers' chances of making the playoffs.
Play Podcast Chuck Cooperstein joins Ian Fitzsimmons and Tim MacMahon to discuss why he feels Rangers pitcher Yu Darvish isn't an ace.
Play Podcast Elvis Andrus joins Galloway and Company to discuss the Rangers' stretch run and the morale level in their clubhouse.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway and Company to discuss the latest Rangers news, including the team's struggles, Ron Washington's job security and a rumored trade with the Braves.
Play Podcast Ron Washington joins Ian Fitzsimmons and Tim MacMahon to discuss the Rangers' dismal September, who's to blame for their September struggles and his status as the team's manager.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett discuss how some people are calling for the Rangers to fire manager Ron Washington.