Surprise Six: Yu Darvish prepares for 2013
February, 13, 2013
By Richard Durrett | ESPNDallas.com
SURPRISE, Ariz. -- The media tent set up just outside the Texas Rangers' clubhouse in Surprise was used for the first time Wednesday as Yu Darvish spoke to a small group of media (way smaller than last year).
Most days here at spring training we'll give you a quick recap of the day with links to key stories and blogs. Here goes:
|The Rangers are in full training mode in Surprise, Ariz. Ben and Skin discuss which players are key, who needs to step up and more.
2. Colby Lewis says the plan, barring setbacks, is for him to continue long-tossing out to 150 or 160 feet, which could put him on a mound in early March. That's a good sign for Ranger fans.
3. Backup catcher Geovany Soto is focused on improving his offense and throws to second base. He's motivated.
4. GM Jon Daniels talked about a variety of topics on Tuesday.
5. We're looking at fifth starter candidate in a series of posts. Here's one on Justin Grimm.
6. Tomorrow is Day 2 as pitchers and catchers continue to prepare for the season. A group of position players have already arrived. Adrian Beltre and David Murphy were in camp today.