Fan Fest details (including autographs)
Here are some highlights that the Rangers announced in a release today:
* Q&A sessions with Rangers executives, current and former players and announcers in the Rangers Hall of Fame (1st floor)
* On-field events to include running the bases, wiffle ball area, bullpen toss and catching pop-ups (weather permitting)
* Pitching, hitting, and fielding clinics conducted by Rangers coaches and alumni
* Free tours of the Rangers clubhouse and dugout
* Free play in the Rangers Kids Zone
* Photo stage with current and former Rangers players
* Rangers Baseball Foundation Sale
* Food and beverages on sale at The Short Stop Grill, Captain Morgan Club, and other Ballpark concession stands
* Merchandise on sale at Ballpark Gift Shop locations (NOTE: Majestic Grand Slam Shop is closed for renovations).
The Fan Fests will include, as always, autograph sessions. There are more than 50 current Rangers players and coaches who will be signing all over the park, including the Capital One Club, Captain Morgan Club, Batters Eye Club, and Texas Rangers Hall of Fame (3rd floor). Autograph sessions are scheduled at 9:30 a.m., 10 a.m., 11 a.m., Noon, 1 p.m., 2 p.m., and 3 p.m.
2014 FAN FEST AUTOGRAPH GUIDELINES
* There will be five designated autograph sessions on Saturday where the first 5,000 fans in attendance at Fan Fest are eligible up until 1 hour prior to the start to participate. Participants will be selected randomly to participate by receiving numbered cards. The schedule for those sessions:
9:30 a.m.: Adrian Beltre
11 a.m.: Shin-Soo Choo
Noon: Prince Fielder
1 p.m.: Elvis Andrus
3 p.m.: Ivan Rodriguez
* All other Fan Fest autograph schedules will not be announced in advance. The main Ballpark video board, and television monitors throughout Rangers Ballpark will post who is signing during each session 1 hour prior to the start of that session.
* Entrance to the designated line will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis. Individuals who use wheelchairs must adhere to the same first-come, first-served process as all other fans.
* When lines are at the designated capacity, an “END OF LINE” sign will be posted and no further guests will be allowed to enter the line.
* Players will sign approximately 235 autographs per session. Players will not sign beyond their allotted time.
* Prior to the 2014 Fan Fest, Fast Passes were sold online at texasrangers.com. Sixty guests will have the opportunity to skip to the front of each autograph session on each day of the event.
The schedule of individuals appearing on Saturday is as follows. PLEASE NOTE THE SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. Any updates to this schedule can be found at texasrangers.com/fanfest.
Rangers Signing Autographs: Elvis Andrus, J.P. Arencibia, Adrian Beltre, Michael Choice, Shin-Soo Choo, Alexander Claudio, Prince Fielder, Alex “Chi Chi” Gonzalez, Matt Harrison, Derek Holland, Luke Jackson, Rougned Odor, Martin Perez, Jurickson Profar, Ivan Rodriguez, Adam Rosales, Robbie Ross, Jr., Tanner Scheppers, Jake Skole, Luis Sardinas, Nick Tepesch, Shawn Tolleson, Ron Washington.
Individuals Participating in Question and Answer Sessions: Elvis Andrus, Jon Daniels, Fergie Jenkins, Ivan Rodriguez, Ron Washington, Rangers TV/Radio Announcers, Women’s Baseball 101 with Emily Jones and Meghan Harrison.
Individuals Participating in Clinics: Bobby Jones/Steve Buechele (hitting); Andy Hawkins/Mike Maddux (pitching); Jim Sundberg/Ken Suarez (catching).
Fergie Jenkins Foundation Booth: Fergie Jenkins, Bert Campaneris.
Rangers Alumni Signing Autographs: Mike Bascik, Sr., Kevin Belcher, Rich Billings, Steve Buechele, Ray Burris, Mark Brandenburg, Dave Chalk, Tim Crabtree, Danny Darwin, Cecil Espy, Benji Gil, Rusty Greer, Jose Guzman, Donald Harris, Rick Henninger, Dave Hostetler, David Hulse, Mike Jeffcoat, Mark McLemore, Kevin Mench, Mike Munoz, Luis Ortiz, Claude Osteen, Jeff Russell, Donnie Sadler, Mike Simms, Dan Smith, Don Stanhouse, Ken Suarez, Ellis Valentine, Curtis Wilkerson.
FAN FEST TICKET SPECIAL: Fans can save more than 50% and purchase $8 Upper Reserved tickets or $15 Lexus Club Terrace tickets for select August home games during Texas Rangers Fan Fest. Offer is available online January 25 at 9:00 am through midnight at texasrangers.com/fanfest, or at the Rangers Ballpark in Arlington box office during Fan Fest hours.
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Rangers GM Jon Daniels joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to tackle the tough questions after his team failed to advance to the playoffs.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway and Company to discuss having Nelson Cruz back in the lineup and how the Rangers are feeling heading into their wild-card play-in game against the Rays.
Play Podcast ESPN Insider and senior MLB analyst Jim Bowden joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to discuss the wild-card race and the Rangers' chances of making the playoffs.
Play Podcast Chuck Cooperstein joins Ian Fitzsimmons and Tim MacMahon to discuss why he feels Rangers pitcher Yu Darvish isn't an ace.
Play Podcast Elvis Andrus joins Galloway and Company to discuss the Rangers' stretch run and the morale level in their clubhouse.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway and Company to discuss the latest Rangers news, including the team's struggles, Ron Washington's job security and a rumored trade with the Braves.
Play Podcast Ron Washington joins Ian Fitzsimmons and Tim MacMahon to discuss the Rangers' dismal September, who's to blame for their September struggles and his status as the team's manager.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett discuss how some people are calling for the Rangers to fire manager Ron Washington.