Injuries: Matt Harrison has stiff neck
"We're going to be cautious," Daniels said. "He wants to throw and says it doesn't bother him on the mound, but we'll take it easy anyway."
Harrison is listed as day-to-day.
Other injury news:
* The big injury news of the day is Jurickson Profar's shoulder, which bothered him throwing Monday to the point that he is now going to take it easy for another week. The setback means he likely won't play second base in Cactus League games until the second or third week of March. You can read all about that here.
* RHP Daniel Bard: His back feels better and he's doing conditioning, but still isn't throwing because of Thoracic Outlet Syndrome surgery in January.
* RHP Roman Mendez (olecranon stress fracture): Scheduled to throw a bullpen session Tuesday.
* RHP Ben Rowen (biceps tendinitis): Played catch Monday and had continued discomfort. He had an MRI that was clear, but won't throw until team physician Dr. Keith Meister clears him to throw.
* RHP Shawn Tolleson (ankle): Came out of Monday's session feeling good and is scheduled to do everything Tuesday. Assuming he's OK, he wouldn't be on the injury report after today.
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Rangers GM Jon Daniels joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to tackle the tough questions after his team failed to advance to the playoffs.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway and Company to discuss having Nelson Cruz back in the lineup and how the Rangers are feeling heading into their wild-card play-in game against the Rays.
Play Podcast ESPN Insider and senior MLB analyst Jim Bowden joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to discuss the wild-card race and the Rangers' chances of making the playoffs.
Play Podcast Chuck Cooperstein joins Ian Fitzsimmons and Tim MacMahon to discuss why he feels Rangers pitcher Yu Darvish isn't an ace.
Play Podcast Elvis Andrus joins Galloway and Company to discuss the Rangers' stretch run and the morale level in their clubhouse.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway and Company to discuss the latest Rangers news, including the team's struggles, Ron Washington's job security and a rumored trade with the Braves.
Play Podcast Ron Washington joins Ian Fitzsimmons and Tim MacMahon to discuss the Rangers' dismal September, who's to blame for their September struggles and his status as the team's manager.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett discuss how some people are calling for the Rangers to fire manager Ron Washington.