Injuries: Neftali Feliz says he feels good
Feliz did make a slight mechanical change, dropping his glove before delivery to better hide the ball as he grips his changeup. So he'll start at the belt, rather than up higher.
But his pace was slowed just a bit by the soreness. The shoulder was fine when he threw Friday, and because of that he's scheduled to have a 10-minute live batting practice session Sunday. It means he's not too far behind the other pitchers.
Other injury news:
* The big one of the day is catcher Geovany Soto having surgery on his foot. You can read more about that here.
* LHP Matt Harrison (back tightness) will return to Texas on Sunday to see Dr. Drew Dossett, a back specialist, on Monday. Harrison said his back felt "100 percent" this morning but isn't sure if that means anything or not. He'll get more tests and be evaluated. But he's certainly going to be behind the rest of the pitchers.
* RHP Derek Holland (knee surgery) is off crutches but won't come to camp until after Dr. Keith Meister has seen him next week. It's unclear when the timetable is for Holland to come to Arizona.
* RHP Tanner Scheppers (back) played catch Friday and felt good. He's now continuing to throw and prepare for the season.
* SS Jurickson Profar (shoulder tendinitis) didn't have any issues with swinging a bat Friday and will continue to do that. He can't throw yet, however.
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Rangers GM Jon Daniels joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to tackle the tough questions after his team failed to advance to the playoffs.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway and Company to discuss having Nelson Cruz back in the lineup and how the Rangers are feeling heading into their wild-card play-in game against the Rays.
Play Podcast ESPN Insider and senior MLB analyst Jim Bowden joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to discuss the wild-card race and the Rangers' chances of making the playoffs.
Play Podcast Chuck Cooperstein joins Ian Fitzsimmons and Tim MacMahon to discuss why he feels Rangers pitcher Yu Darvish isn't an ace.
Play Podcast Elvis Andrus joins Galloway and Company to discuss the Rangers' stretch run and the morale level in their clubhouse.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway and Company to discuss the latest Rangers news, including the team's struggles, Ron Washington's job security and a rumored trade with the Braves.
Play Podcast Ron Washington joins Ian Fitzsimmons and Tim MacMahon to discuss the Rangers' dismal September, who's to blame for their September struggles and his status as the team's manager.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett discuss how some people are calling for the Rangers to fire manager Ron Washington.