The Rangers own a 4-3 lead over the Mariners in the season series and a 3-1 edge at home. In the past 22 meetings of the teams, Texas has won 14.
Texas is 12-10 against AL West foes so far this season.
Some things to watch:
* Both teams ended four-game losing streaks with 6-2 wins on Sunday. The Rangers' win came at home over Toronto and Seattle won at Minnesota. Seattle (21-22) is in third place in the AL West, a half-game ahead of fourth-place Texas (21-23).
* Leonys Martin is among the American League leaders with a .364 batting average at home. He has hit safely in 14 of his last 16 at Globe Life Park. The center fielder is doing it on defense, too, with four outfield assists.
* Seattle second baseman Robinson Cano is hitting .318 after a four-hit game on Sunday but remains with only one home run. It came against the Rangers at Globe Life Park in April.
* Shin-Soo Choo had two hits, drove in a run and reached base three times hitting in the No. 3 spot in the Texas order. Choo had gone 31 at-bats without drawing a walk until his sixth inning base on balls Sunday.
* Reliever Shawn Tolleson with another scoreless inning on Sunday has not given up a run in his last four outings, covering 6 2/3 innings. Tolleson pitched in the eighth-inning setup role and was entrusted with a 4-2 lead.