Saturday, March 17, 2012
Surprise Six: Derek Holland has strong outing
By Master Tesfatsion
SURPRISE, Ariz. -- The Texas Rangers were playing in Surprise and Las Vegas on Saturday. Here's six things to take away from the two-time American League Champions:
1. Pitcher Derek Holland had a strong outing in Vegas against the Chicago Cubs. Pitcher Mike Adams struck out the side in his inning of work in that game.
2. Second baseman Ian Kinsler went 3-for-4 against the Arizona Diamondbacks in Surprise. He had a home run in the sixth inning.
3. Pitcher Yu Darvish threw his second consecutive bullpen session. He threw from the windup and worked on his command.
4. Outfielder Craig Gentry hopes to return Sunday against the Milwaukee Brewers.
5. Catcher Mike Napoli would love to catch at least 100 games, but he's not going to complain about the number he does play at the position this season.
6. Weather could play a factor in both games Sunday. If either game in Arizona or Las Vegas is postponed, the Rangers have a chance to make it up early next week.