Friday, June 15, 2012
W2W4: Rangers vs. Astros
By Richard Durrett
ARLINGTON, Texas -- The Texas Rangers welcome the Houston Astros to town for a three-game series. A few things to watch:
* Yu Darvish. He's pitching after a week of rest and an extra bullpen session. Did it help? Will his command return? It should be interesting to watch.
* Offense. The Rangers' offense is not clicking and hasn't for about five weeks now. They've hit around .250 in that time and it seems as if everyone has slumped at the same time. Are the Astros the kind of team that can help give that offense a spark?
* Josh Hamilton. He's hitting just .196 in June with one homer and five RBIs. He was AL player of the month in April and May. For a club that's offensively challenged right now, they need the 2010 MVP.
* Sellouts. The club has standing room only seats for Friday and Saturday and just 1,500 seats left for Sunday, so a series full of sellouts is probable. The Rangers, as you would expect, play better in front of larger crowds.
* Justin Grimm. The Double-A pitcher makes his big league debut Saturday at 6:15 p.m. at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington. Grimm has pitched well in Frisco and has confidence. It should be fun to see what he can do.