Friday, July 27, 2012
Buzz: Roy Oswalt to start Monday
By David Collier
ARLINGTON, Texas – Texas Rangers starting pitcher Roy Oswalt had a successful bullpen session Friday and will start Monday against the Los Angeles Angels, one day later than originally planned.
The Rangers flipped Oswalt’s start with Scott Feldman, who will now start Sunday, to give the veteran an extra day of rest. The right-hander, who had an anti-inflammatory injection in his lower back earlier in the week after missing his last start with stiffness in that area, said the decision was fine with him and he feels great.
To read more, click here.
* Mike Napoli returns to the lineup Friday after being held out of Wednesday's series finale with the Boston Red Sox after experiencing tightness in his left quad. Napoli will be the DH in Friday's contest, but Texas manager Ron Washington said he could be back at catcher Saturday or Sunday.
"It's a little sore, but I don't think it's anything serious," Napoli said. "I haven't run since."
* Colby Lewis had successful surgery to repair the torn flexor tendon in his throwing elbow. There was no ligament damage, and he will begin rehab in a couple of days.
* Mark Lowe had a successful bullpen session Thursday and will pitch one inning with Double-A Frisco on Saturday.
* Mitch Moreland (hamstring) is making his third rehab start in Frisco on Friday night. Washington had hoped to have him back with the Rangers by Sunday, but he said it may take a couple more starts before he rejoins the big league club.
* Martin Perez will be available out of the bullpen beginning Saturday. Perez had a successful spot start Tuesday against the Red Sox.