Sunday, February 10, 2013
Welcome to spring training in Surprise
By Richard Durrett
SURPRISE, Ariz. – Greetings from the desert. From now until Opening Day, we’ll be updating you on what’s going on with the Texas Rangers as they prepare for the 2013 season. A few things to look for in the coming weeks:
- Pitchers and catchers work out for the first time in a few days and the position players will follow shortly thereafter. Look for updates on a variety of players as they trickle in and get going.
- As players rehab from injury this spring, you’ll get a frequent injury report to update you on their progress.
- At the end of each day (once workouts begin in earnest), a post titled “Surprise Six” will recap the day for you with six key things that occurred. It’s a chance to catch up on the day in case you missed anything.
- We’ll have some chats and videos to keep you updated as well and get you involved as the season begins to take shape.
- Look for various notes throughout the days as manager Ron Washington discusses the key issues surrounding the team.
So be sure and join us from Arizona. Football season is over, folks. It’s time for baseball.