Texas Rangers: Josh Henderson
The celebrities got a chance to show off their talents in a home run derby. Four markers on the field represented 100, 200, 300 and 400 points. The further the ball traveled, the more points the celebrity was awarded. A home run was worth 500 points.
Mench took the title with ease totaling 2,800 points in the final round, including three bombs out of the park. Former major leaguer Ben Grieve finished second with 1,500 points with one home run. Josh Henderson, who stars in the new "Dallas" TV series, was the third finalist finishing with 800 points in the final round.
* Dirk Nowitzki had a nice swing and took a couple of good cuts at the ball, but he couldn't quite find his home run rhythm.
* Charles Barkley gave it a valiant effort but failed to get the ball out of the infield.
* Vince Carter had one nice swing to deep left field. Delonte West and Rick Carlisle also had a good showing.
* Terrell Owens put a couple of good swings together to get 400 points. Dez Bryant showed his athleticism putting 600 points on the board.
* ESPN Dallas 103.3 FM's Ben Rogers outclassed his co-host Jeff "Skin" Wade. Rogers finished with 400 points with a couple of shots that landed foul, while Wade didn't get on the board.
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Rangers GM Jon Daniels joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to tackle the tough questions after his team failed to advance to the playoffs.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway and Company to discuss having Nelson Cruz back in the lineup and how the Rangers are feeling heading into their wild-card play-in game against the Rays.
Play Podcast ESPN Insider and senior MLB analyst Jim Bowden joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to discuss the wild-card race and the Rangers' chances of making the playoffs.
Play Podcast Chuck Cooperstein joins Ian Fitzsimmons and Tim MacMahon to discuss why he feels Rangers pitcher Yu Darvish isn't an ace.
Play Podcast Elvis Andrus joins Galloway and Company to discuss the Rangers' stretch run and the morale level in their clubhouse.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway and Company to discuss the latest Rangers news, including the team's struggles, Ron Washington's job security and a rumored trade with the Braves.
Play Podcast Ron Washington joins Ian Fitzsimmons and Tim MacMahon to discuss the Rangers' dismal September, who's to blame for their September struggles and his status as the team's manager.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett discuss how some people are calling for the Rangers to fire manager Ron Washington.