Texas Rangers: Neftlai Feliz
* RHP Mark Lowe pleased manager Ron Washington with how he changed speeds, threw inside to hitters and got outs. "It was good he had an inning with zeroes in it," Washington said. Lowe has been working on a curve ball so that he can use a pitch that is considerably slower than the power stuff he's been throwing (fastball at 97 mph, slider at 85, change at 88). Kevin Cash, who caught Lowe on Friday, said he likes the pitch and that it got some swings and misses from hitters. "He just needs to keep throwing it," Cash said. "It's going to help him in the long run."
Lowe had one strikeout and didn't allow a hit to the three batters he faced.
* RHP Brett Tomko, in the running for a middle relief spot, went five innings and allowed three earned runs on four hits with three walks and three strikeouts. "He kept us in the ballgame, we just couldn't score any runs," Washington said. We'll see how it all shakes out, but Tomko certainly has an opportunity at that job. This from a guy who came into camp on a minor-league deal just hoping he could show the team something.
* 1B Mitch Moreland had a homer, his fourth of the spring, in the first as the Rangers scored five runs off Andrew Cashner (TCU product). But after that first inning, Texas never scored again.
* RHP Neftali Feliz had his fastball in the upper 90s and gave up just one hit in his lone inning of work. He certainly looks ready to go.
* DH Mike Napoli was 2-for-4 in the game. He's hitting .326 this spring.
* The Rangers gave regulars Michael Young, Ian Kinsler, Adrian Beltre, Elvis Andrus and Josh Hamilton the day off.
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Rangers GM Jon Daniels joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to tackle the tough questions after his team failed to advance to the playoffs.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway and Company to discuss having Nelson Cruz back in the lineup and how the Rangers are feeling heading into their wild-card play-in game against the Rays.
Play Podcast ESPN Insider and senior MLB analyst Jim Bowden joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to discuss the wild-card race and the Rangers' chances of making the playoffs.
Play Podcast Chuck Cooperstein joins Ian Fitzsimmons and Tim MacMahon to discuss why he feels Rangers pitcher Yu Darvish isn't an ace.
Play Podcast Elvis Andrus joins Galloway and Company to discuss the Rangers' stretch run and the morale level in their clubhouse.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway and Company to discuss the latest Rangers news, including the team's struggles, Ron Washington's job security and a rumored trade with the Braves.
Play Podcast Ron Washington joins Ian Fitzsimmons and Tim MacMahon to discuss the Rangers' dismal September, who's to blame for their September struggles and his status as the team's manager.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett discuss how some people are calling for the Rangers to fire manager Ron Washington.