John Force, a legend in drag racing, headlines the inductees in the Texas Motorsports Hall of Fame.
Force, a 15-time Funny Car champion, is the fourth NHRA racer to be inducted and will be honored with the rest of the class on Thursday, April 7, at the Texas Motorsports Hall of Fame Gala held in the Speedway Club's Grand Ballroom at Texas Motor Speedway. The event benefits Speedway Children's Charities.
Others being honored with various awards include:
* Richard Petty, seven-time NASCAR Cup champion (Bruton Smith Legend Award)
* Denny Hamlin, who won both races at TMS in 2010 (TMS Racer of the Year)
* Five-time Sprint Cup Series champ Jimmie Johnson (TMS Sportsmanship Award)
* Four-time Sprint Cup champ Jeff Gordon (Maj. General Thomas Sadler Award, for charitable giving)
* ESPN.com's Terry Blount (Excellence in Motorsports Journalism Award), who has been a writer for more than 30 years and has covered motorsports for the Houston Chronicle, Houston Post, The Dallas Morning News and now ESPN.com.
Table sponsorships, beginning at $1,200, and individual tickets for $150 are available by calling the Speedway Children's Charities office at (817) 215-8421 or by visiting www.scctexas.org.