- Dan Rafael, Boxing
- 0 Shares
As we wind down to the megafight between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao on May 2 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, the media relations folks handling both fighters decided to have a little fun.
So forget about serious aspects of the fight or the fighters for a moment. They compiled lists called “a dozen things you didn’t know about” Mayweather and Pacquiao. So what the heck. Here they are.
1. Twizzlers are one of his go-to favorite snacks.
2. Ramen noodle soup is one of his favorite meals and he doesn't like five-star restaurants.
3. Averages over 1,000 situps a day during training camp.
4. He doesn't use ketchup or mustard on hot dogs but uses BBQ sauce.
5. A guilty pleasure is playing Megatouch and holding the highest scores in every game on there -- his favorites are spades, dominos and word scrambles.
6. The movie “Troy” with Brad Pitt is one he likes to watch over and over again.
7. Every juice he drinks during training camp is made from scratch.
8. When out to eat, he always orders a glass of hot water to let his silverware soak in the glass before using them.
9. The tree trunks he has been using to chop wood are brought in from Big Bear and weigh nearly 700 pounds each.
10. He gets a manicure and pedicure at home once a week during training camp.
11. He doesn't use a microwave, only eats food cooked and heated up on a stove and in an oven.
12. His morning routine includes brushing his teeth for 10 straight minutes.
1. He eats steamed white rice and chicken or beef broth at almost every meal.
2. Manny will only drink hot or room temperature water, never cold water because he feels it is not healthy.
3. Manny averages over 2,500 situps daily during training camp.
4. Manny eats five meals and consumes 8,000 calories daily to keep his weight and energy up.
5. Manny regularly has 500 fans follow him on his morning runs in Los Angeles.
6. He starts every morning with a Bible reading.
7. He loves his Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cups.
8. Over the past 12 months Manny has met with President Obama, President Clinton and Prince Harry.
9. Pacman, Manny's 9-year-old Jack Russell terrier and beloved companion, accompanies Manny on all his morning runs and to his workouts at Wild Card. He even has his own frequent flier account.
10. Manny is a Lt. Colonel in the reserve force of the Philippine Army.
11. Mayweather will be the third consecutive undefeated world champion Manny has faced in the past 13 months.
12. Manny is a big photography buff. This week he purchased two Canon flagship cameras -- the 1DX -- complete with lenses and accessories.
As we wind down to the mega fight on May 2, here's a list of a dozen things you didn't know about Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao.