- Dan Rafael, ESPN Senior Writer
- 0 Shares
Golden Boy Promotions on Thursday announced the undercard for the Aug. 9 card it is putting on at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
Showtime will televise the top three bouts: a nontitle welterweight fight between junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia and lightly regarded Rod Salka, junior welterweight titlist Lamont Peterson in a defense against Edgar Santana and a fight between Daniel Jacobs and Jarrod Fletcher for a vacant middleweight belt.
The top name among the preliminary bout fighters is 2008 U.S. Olympian and Brooklyn resident Sadam Ali (19-0, 12 KOs), who will take on Jeremy Bryan (17-3, 7 KOs) of Paterson, New Jersey. Ali-Bryan will air on the Showtime Extreme portion of the telecast.
• Washington, D.C., lightweight Anthony Peterson (33-1, 21 KOs), Lamont’s brother, will face an opponent to be determined in a 10-rounder. This fight will also be on Showtime Extreme.
• Light heavyweight prospect and 2012 U.S. Olympian Marcus Browne (11-0, 8 KOs), of Staten Island, New York, will box in his first scheduled 10-rounder against Paul Vazquez (10-5-1, 3 KOs) of Oakland, California.
• Brooklyn junior welterweight prospect Zachary Ochoa (7-0, 4 KOs) will face Palm Spring, California's Luis Cervantes (7-7-3, 2 KOs) in a four-rounder. Time permitting, Ochoa-Cervantes will be on Showtime Extreme.
• Puerto Rico's Prichard Colon (10-0, 10 KOs) will face Lenwood Dozier (9-6-1, 4 KOs) of Washington, D.C., in an eight-round junior middleweight bout.
• Washington, D.C., super middleweight prospect D'mitrius Ballard (5-0, 4 KOs) kicks off the card in a six-rounder against Barry Trotter (2-1, 1 KO) of Hayti, Montana.