A few notes from the boxing world:
• Former featherweight titlist Orlando Salido (41-12-2, 28 KOs) of Mexico, stripped of his title for not making weight the day before his split-decision win against Vasyl Lomachenko on March 1, will return as a junior lightweight in Hermosillo, Mexico on Aug. 30 against an opponent to be determined, manager Sean Gibbons told ESPN.com. Gibbons said a Salido victory would pave the way for a title shot against Japan's Takashi Miura (27-2-2, 20 KOs) in October in Singapore, where Top Rank plans to begin putting on shows in an expansion of its Asian presence.
• Junior lightweights Jerry Belmontes and Abner Cotto (cousin of Miguel Cotto) will meet in a 10-rounder on Aug. 7 (Fox Sports 1/Fox Deportes) at the American Bank Center in Belmontes' hometown of Corpus Christi, Texas, Golden Boy announced Wednesday. It's something of a must-win for both guys. Belmontes (19-4, 5 KOs), once a top-flight prospect, has lost four of his last six fights, including a decision to Vargas in December and a split decision to Omar Figueroa in an April lightweight world title fight in which Belmontes looked as good as he has in quite some time. Cotto (17-2, 8 KOs) has lost two of his last three bouts, including a first-round knockout loss 14 months ago to Figueroa, who went on to win a world title, and a decision loss to Vargas in March.
• Warriors Boxing promoter Leon Margules announced that he has signed Chicago amateur standout Eddie Ramirez (4-0, 3 KOs), 22, a 2013 Chicago Golden Gloves champion. His first bout under the deal will be a six-rounder against an opponent to be determined July 25 on the undercard of Warriors' ESPN2 card at Chicago's UIC Pavilion. In the main event, welterweight Roberto Garcia (35-3, 23 KOs) of Weslaco, Texas, will face Colombia's Breidis Prescott (27-5, 20 KOs). In the co-feature, middleweight Caleb Truax (23-1-2, 14 KOs) of Osseo, Minnesota, will face Mexico's Rogelio "Porky" Medina (32-6, 26 KOs) and Chicago light heavyweight Mike Lee (12-0, 7 KOs), the Subway spokesman and Notre Dame graduate, will open the telecast in a six-rounder against an opponent to be named.
• The ongoing litigation over Canelo Alvarez's contract between Golden Boy Promotions and All-Star Boxing is set to move to trial in Dade Country circuit court in Florida beginning Oct. 13. A pre-trial conference is scheduled for Oct. 2. All-Star Boxing promoter Tutico Zabala is suing Golden Boy, claiming it interfered with his contract with Alvarez.
• South Africa's Zolani Tete (18-3, 16 KOs) and Teiru Kinoshita (19-0-1, 3 KOs) will square off for a vacant junior bantamweight world title on July 18 in Kobe, Japan, Kinoshita's hometown.
• The four-week summer season of "Boxeo Telemundo" kicks off July 18 (Telemundo, 11:35 p.m. ET) with junior bantamweight Jonathan Vidal (17-2, 9 KOs) facing Juan Kantun (21-6-3, 15 KOs) in a 10-rounder at the Kissimmee Civic Center in Kissimmee, Florida. On July 25 in Mexico City, junior bantamweight David Carmona (16-2-4, 8 KOs) faces Martin Casillas (14-3, 8 KOs) over 10. The main events for the Aug. 1 card in Tampa, Florida and Aug. 8 card in Mexico City are to be determined.