Friday, December 27, 2013
Johnson finishes fifth in Pro Bowl fan votes
By Michael Rothstein
ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Calvin Johnson finished fifth in the fan voting for the Pro Bowl, one of the ways players are determined for the selection to the All-Star game, which will be announced tonight at 9 ET.
Other players didn't fare so well in the final voting as they fell from prior positioning.
- Quarterback Matthew Stafford took the biggest plunge, dropping to ninth. Among the people who passed him, Aaron Rodgers, who hasn't played in over a month.
- Running back Reggie Bush finished fifth, consistent to where he was all season long.
- Defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh remained in fifth place, also where he was all season long.
- Outside linebacker DeAndre Levy ended up in 10th place.
- Kicker David Akers dropped out of the voting after being in 10th last week.
- Punter Sam Martin dropped to 10th place. He was ninth last week.
This does not include votes from players or coaches. The teams will be announced tonight.