|ESPN.com: espnW||[Print without images]|
|No one loves college basketball more than Dick Vitale. But these painted fans might be a close second.|
In honor of Dick Vitale's 75th birthday today, here are 10 of the coach-turned-broadcaster's signature words and catchphrases -- known as "Vitalisms" -- and their meanings.
1. Diaper Dandy: An exceptional freshman
2. P.T.P.: A prime-time player
3. Cream Puff Delight: A coach who has his/her team play an easy schedule
4. It's awesome with a capital A, baby!: A play, player or game that's really, really awesome
5. All-AT&T Team: Players who can shoot from long distance
6. MIA-er: A player who disappoints during big moments of a game
7. Dow Joneser: An inconsistent player
8. Dipsy-doo Dunk-a-roo: A highlight-worthy slam dunk
9. Surf and Turfer: A superstar
10. Drillin' Reggies When They Need Pete Roses: When a team is shooting 3-pointers but they should be taking closer shots
And if you still can't get enough Dickie V., check out a clip from his very first broadcast in 1979 and a video of his ESPN colleagues doing their best impressions of his iconic catchphrases.