|ESPN.com: espnW||[Print without images]|
|LeBron James reached the 20,000-point mark just days after his 28th birthday.|
Wednesday night in Oakland, Miami Heat guard LeBron James scored his 20,000th point, becoming the youngest player ever to hit that milestone. James put up 25 points against the Warriors to get to the 20K mark just a few weeks after his 28th birthday.
In honor of King James’ feat, here are some other “notable” 20,000s…
• Serbian man Slavisa Pajkic, aka “Battery Man” set his first Guinness World record in 1983, allowing a current of 20,000 volts to pass through his body. Pajkic claims he can act as a heater, insulator and conductor without so much as feeling the electric currents passing through his body.
• In his 1991 book A View From Above, Wilt Chamberlain claimed he had slept with 20,000 women in his life.
• A government survey released this week by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration suggests that 20,000 or more people ended up in the emergency room from 2007 to 2011 due to complications from the consumption of energy drinks.
• According to TMZ Halle Berry pays ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry $20,000 every month in child support.
• According the NHS Information Centre, in the year between March 2010 and February 2011, over 20,000 Brits required hospital treatment after falling out of bed.
• This week New York governor Andrew M. Cuomo declared a public health emergency for the state after nearly 20,000 reported cases of influenza this flu season.
• A crowd of over 20,000 people gathered in front of the Milan Cathedral in Milan, Italy this past October to observe or be a part of a “Gagnam Style” flash mob. That’s a lot of folks riding invisible horses.