|ESPN.com: espnW||[Print without images]|
|After losing to unranked Virginia last week, the Terps will be playing with something to prove tonight.|
No. 2 Notre Dame (18-0) looks to keep its undefeated season alive as it takes on No. 6 Maryland (16-2) in College Park (7 p.m. ET, ESPN2 and WatchESPN). Here are five fast facts about the rivalry.
1. Maryland leads the series 4-2. The Terps won the first meeting 84-62 in January of 1983.
2. The teams last met in the Elite Eight of the 2012 NCAA tournament. Notre Dame won 80-49 and advanced to its second consecutive Final Four. After beating UConn in the semifinal, the Fighting Irish fell to Baylor in the championship game.
3. Maryland beat Note Dame the last time the Irish visited College Park, 75-59 in the Women’s Preseason NIT in November of 2007. It was the schools' first meeting in more than 20 years. Maryland tied a school record with 12 3-pointers in that win.
4. This is Notre Dame’s second straight week playing on “Big Monday.” The Irish beat the Tennessee Lady Vols 86-70 in Knoxville last Monday. Led by Kayla McBride’s 22 points, Notre Dame erased its largest deficit of the season (12) to remain undefeated.
5. The game features four players on the recently released Wooden Award’s Midseason Top 20 list -- Natalie Achonwa, Jewell Loyd and Kayla McBride of Notre Dame and Alyssa Thomas of Maryland.