|ESPN.com: espnW||[Print without images]|
|Peyton Manning looks to become the second-oldest QB in history to win the Super Bowl, behind his boss and former Broncos QB John Elway.|
You may have already heard, but the Denver Broncos are set to play the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XLVIII on Sunday at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey. And did you know that Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning has an opportunity to set some records and hit some milestones in addition to winning a championship ring? Here are just some of the biggies he could reach on Sunday:
1. Manning could become the first starting quarterback to win a Super Bowl with two different teams. Manning was named MVP after leading Indianapolis past Chicago in Super Bowl XLI.
2. At 37 years and 315 days on Super Bowl Sunday, Manning could become the second-oldest quarterback to win a Super Bowl, behind former Broncos QB John Elway.
3. With a win, Manning would move into solo sixth place for most postseason wins by a starting quarterback all-time. With 11 going into the game, he is tied with Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach. He trails Tom Brady (18), Joe Montana (16), Terry Bradshaw (14), John Elway (14) and Brett Favre (13).
4. With a loss, Manning would take over sole possession of first place for most losses by a starting quarterback in postseason history. With 11 going into the game, he is tied with Favre.
5. With a win, Manning would become the first player to win a Super Bowl after leading the league in passing yards and passing touchdowns in the same season.