Whether you’re putting together a grouping of best quarterbacks or worst albums, or you’re making that special list for Santa, there’s nothing quite like a good list. So in honor of the holiday season we’re bringing you lists all week long — Merry List-Mas!
Today: The top underclassmen in high school football.
The state championships are over and the Class of 2012 had a great run, but it’s never too early to start looking at the impressive players in the Class of 2013 and beyond. Who’s going to rule the gridiron in Connecticut next season? We give you the early rundown of who to watch for.
5. Tim Boyle (JR), Xavier, QB Credentials: Split snaps this year while helping Xavier win its second straight state championship; should be the full-time starter next year
HOLLY JOLLY LIST-MAS
Every day this week, ESPNHS delivers lists from its 21 state blogs.
4. Thomas Milone (JR), Masuk, WR Credentials: Catching passes from Casey Cochran, Milone put up 1,019 yards and 16 touchdowns
3. Bryan Castelot (JR), Bunnell, QB Credentials: Passed for 2,497 yards and 29 touchdowns this season; cut interceptions from 16 to 6
2. Andrew Isaacs (JR), Manchester, TE Credentials: The 6-foot-3, 225-pounder has already committed to Boston College
1. Arkeel Newsome (SO), Ansonia, RB Credentials: After setting the state record for rushing yards (3,763) and total TDs (62) this year, Newsome is the early frontrunner for 2013 Gatorade Player of the Year honors
Click here to check out some of the other states in our Five Days of List-Mas.
Tomorrow: The POWERADE Connecticut Weekly Basketball Rankings.
Did I miss someone who should be on the list? Hit me on Twitter (@ESPNHSGrimala) and let me know about it.