Plenty of girls on Facebook this week are posting about, drumroll … National Sister Week!
There’s nothing quite like a rockin’, supportive sister, so our team at ESPNHS Girl and our Facebook page want to celebrate all sisters who rock the same last name or proudly rep the same jersey as teammates. At the end of the day, what's amazing is that you're there for each other through thick and thin.
So take 5 minutes this weekend to think about who that special girl who is -- simply put -- your rock. Go ahead and plan something special for you two this weekend and remind her how she makes life twice as fun.
Here are 6 ways to celebrate with your sister this weekend:
1. Plan a 1-on-1 pickup game with her like soccer, basketball or tennis.*
*This certainly doesn’t mean you have to let her win.
2. Cook her breakfast pancakes to devour in bed. The key is baking them before she senses the delicious smells trickling out from the kitchen.
3. Plan a Skype date. If she live far away, text her to get to her computer and talk face to face. Go the distance and make a sign to hold up when your webcam kicks on.
4. Share this Facebook "repost if" note on her wall.We spotted it all over Facebook.
“Your SISTER is your 1ST friend in life. No one will ever understand your crazy family like your sister. SHE will always remain your friend. In good times & bad, you will be there for each other. SHE will hold your hand for a little while, but will hold your heart for a lifetime. REPOST on your sister's wall this week!"
5. E-mail her a thoughtful, fun (and free) e-card at http://www.123greetings.com/.
Bring on the bonding, and stay tuned to our ESPNHS Girl Facebook page for more ideas.
Happy National Sister Week!