Monday, December 12, 2011
Five Days of List-Mas: NJ's A-List
By By Brandon Parker
Monday | Tuesday | Wednesday | Thursday | Friday
Whether you’re putting together a grouping of best quarterbacks or worst albums, or you’re making that special list for Santa, there’s nothing quite like a good list. So in honor of the holiday season we’re bringing you lists all week long — Merry List-Mas!
In the NFL, Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers are A-Listers. In the NBA, it’s LeBron James and Kobe Bryant. But who are the A-Listers in New Jersey? That’s where today’s list comes in. Regardless of sport, here’s our list of the top five A-List athletes in the state. Can you think of an A-Lister we didn’t mention? Let us know in the comments.
5. Edward Cheserek (JR), St. Benedict's, Cross Country/Track Credentials: Set course records in seven of eight races in 2011, won 2011 Foot Locker Nationals, course-record holder at Holmdel Park, 2010 NXN runner-up
4. Jabrill Peppers (SO), Don Bosco Prep, Football Credentials: Team's top rusher, led Ironmen to 2011 national title and state titles in 2010 and 2011, two-way starter
3. Devin Fuller (SR), Old Tappan, Football Credentials: No. 39 in ESPNU 150, U.S. Army All-American, surpassed 10,000 total career yards, state's top-ranked recruit
2. Darius Hamilton (SR), Don Bosco Prep, Football Credentials: No. 66 in ESPNU 150, led Ironmen to 2011 national title and state titles in 2010 and 2011, U.S. Army All-American, son of former New York Giant Keith Hamilton
1. Kyle Anderson (SR), St. Anthony, Basketball Credentials: No. 5 in ESPNU 100, led Friars to 2011 state and national titles, 2011 Elite 24 participant, UCLA recruit
Click here to check out some of the other states in our Five Days of List-Mas.
Brandon Parker covers New Jersey for ESPNHS magazine and ESPNHS.com. Follow him on Twitter @brandoncparker or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.