Monday, December 12, 2011
Five Days of List-Mas: NY's A-List
By By Brandon Parker
Monday | Tuesday | Wednesday | Thursday | Friday
Whether you’re putting together a grouping of best quarterbacks or worst albums, or you’re making that special list for Santa, there’s nothing quite like a good list. So in honor of the holiday season we’re bringing you lists all week long — Merry List-Mas!
In the NFL, Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers are A-Listers. In the NBA, it’s LeBron James and Kobe Bryant. But who are the A-Listers in New York? That’s where today’s list comes in. Regardless of sport, here’s our list of the top five A-List athletes in the state. Can you think of an A-Lister we didn’t mention? Let us know in the comments.
5. Justin Combs (SR), Iona Prep, Football Credentials: son of Diddy, UCLA recruit, played three positions at Iona Prep
4. Isaiah Whitehead (SO), Lincoln, Basketball Credentials: No. 20 in ESPNU 25, primed to follow former Lincoln stars Stephon Marbury and Sebastian Telfair into NBA
3. Chad Kelly, St. Joe's Collegiate Football Credentials: Elite 11 finalist, Clemson recruit, Under Armour All-American, only QB in state to ever pass for 3,000 yards and rush for 1,000 yards, nephew of former Buffalo Bills QB Jim Kelly
2. Omar Calhoun (SR), Christ the King, Basketball Credentials: No. 27 in ESPNU 100, UConn recruit, led Royals to 2010 state Federation Class AA title
1. Dajuan Coleman (SR), Jamesville-DeWitt, Basketball Credentials: No. 14 in ESPNU 100, Syracuse recruit, led Red Rams to three straight Class A state titles, three-time Elite 24 participant
Click here to check out some of the other states in our Five Days of List-Mas.
Brandon Parker covers New York for ESPNHS magazine and ESPNHS.com. Follow him on Twitter @brandoncparker or email him at email@example.com.