Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Five Days of List-Mas: OR's underclass football stars
By David Auguste
Monday | Tuesday | Wednesday | Thursday | Friday
Whether you’re putting together a grouping of best quarterbacks or worst albums, or you’re making that special list for Santa, there’s nothing quite like a good list. So in honor of the holiday season we’re bringing you lists all week long — Merry List-Mas!
Today: The top underclassmen in high school football.
The state championships are over and the Class of 2012 had a great run, but it’s never too early to start looking at the impressive players in the Class of 2013 and beyond. Who’s going to rule the gridiron in Oregon next season? We give you the early rundown of who to watch for.
5. Jordan Morgan (SO), Southridge, WR/DB Credentials: Gets the edge over Grant's Nathan Halverson, who missed time with injuries. Morgan is arguably the top player in the Class of 2014 and was a touchdown machine for the Skyhawks
4. Connor Strahm (JR), Sheldon, WR Credentials: Key figure in Irish's dynamic attack, SWC Offensive Player of the Year, 11 TDs in the postseason
3. Doug Brenner (JR), Jesuit, TE/OL Credentials: Bulldozed the way for an offense that averaged 36.6 points a contest
2. Jake LaCoste (JR), West Albany, RB/DB Credentials: Set single-game state rushing mark with 508 yards and five scores in October, finished season with 1,988 yards and 22 touchdowns
1. Thomas Tyner (JR), Aloha, RB Credentials: Potential top-10 national recruit as a senior, rushed for 1,136 yards and 12 scores in injury-plagued season
Click here to check out some of the other states in our Five Days of List-Mas.
Tomorrow: The POWERADE Oregon Weekly Basketball Rankings.