Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Oregon Week 2 Football Rankings
By David Auguste
Aloha wasn't really tested in Week 1. That might not be the case this weekend when the Warriors face Tualatin in a rematch of last year's Class 6A title game. Junior Thomas Tyner racked up 195 yards and scored twice before sitting out the second half as Aloha dropped Lincoln, 35-0, in Week 1. Tualatin crept up a few spots in the rankings after taking down Grants Pass, 13-0. Oshay Dunmore-led Newport enters the Top 10 after a win over South Umpqua combined with a West Salem loss.
WEEK 2 OREGON FOOTBALL RANKINGS
1. Aloha 1-0 (1) Warriors cruise to 35-12 win over Lincoln after jumping out to a 35-0 halftime edge.
2. Jesuit 1-0 (2) Crusaders face a tough Week 2 test in offensive-minded Sheldon.
3. Lake Oswego 1-0 (3) Steven Long torched Central Catholic’s defense for four touchdowns in his Lakers' debut
4. Sheldon 1-0 (4) The Irish exploded for 51 points in a shutout win over West Salem
5. Sherwood 1-0 (7) After a shaky first half, the Bowmen rebounded to claim a 27-24 win over Skyview (Vancouver, Wash.)
6. Marist 1-0 (6) The Spartans got a scare from Corvallis but held on for a 16-14 win
7. Grant 1-0 (9) Sophomore John Malone piled up 121 yards and a score to lead Grant over Westview, 34-31
8. Tualatin 1-0 (10) Wolves should be amped up for its Class 6A title rematch against Aloha.
9. Central Catholic 0-1 (8) The Rams hope their second contest without suspended coach Steve Pyne produces a victory
10. Newport 1-0 (NR) Newport dropped South Umpqua, 36-14, at the Oregon kickoff Classic
Dropped Out: Previous No. 5 West Salem
Bubble Teams: West Salem 0-1, Willamette 1-0, Central 1-0, Cascade Christian 1-0, Astoria 1-0, Corvallis 0-1, Eagle Point 0-1, Thurston 1-0, Ontario, Scio 0-1, Mountain View 1-0,West Linn 1-0, Century 1-0, Centennial 1-0., Lakeridge 1-0, Redmond 1-0, Crescent Valley 1-0