Carmel boys, Lawrence Central girls win team titles at Hoosier State Relays
March, 17, 2012
Kent GrahamLangston Newton won the shot put at the Hoosier State Relays on Saturday with a throw of 63-6.75.Coverage of the Hoosier State Relays
Sat., March 17, 2012 -- Troyer Fieldhouse, Indiana Wesleyan University, Marion, Ind.
Dyestat Elites (Large schools) | Dyestat Elites (Small schools)
Photo courtesy Kent Graham Images
- G-55: Katie Wise (Indian Creek) ran 7.17 to break a 17-year-old small-schools state meet record.
- B-SP: Cassandra Wertman (Southridge) broke the meet record with mark of US#8 46-10. She broke a record on the books since 1989.
- G-3,200: Ashley Erba (Warsaw Community) ran 10:47.34 for a new meet record.
- B-4x800 relay: Ft. Wayne Snider broke the meet record by clocking US#16 7:53.01. Mitch Dutton, Shauntis Lewis, Adam Williams and Asher Scott broke a record set by Muncie North in 1974.
- B-SP: Langston Newton (Carmel) threw 63-6.75 for the win. Newton helped Carmel win the boys championship.
- G-4x400 relay: Lawrence Central raced to US#11 3:53.77 to break the state meet record. The 20 points out of that win also lifted the school to the girls team championship with 76 points.