By Rich Gonzalez
(ARCADIA, Calif.) -- With several top regional championship meets taking place last weekend, there's been some juggling in the 2012 order of top California meets based on DyeStatElite marks achieved.
Based on its whopping 606 DSE's achieved, the Mt. SAC Relays moved up to #2 for the year; the Central Coast Section Top 8 meet and the Woody Wilson Invitational (Sac-Joaquin) also moved into the Top 10 for the year.
By season's end, look for the two-day state meet (predicted to be about 900 DyeStatElites) and the CIF-Southern Section Divisional Finals meet (between 800-900 DSE's) to make big moves at the top.
Here's the 2012 list, which includes all invitationals with at least 52 DSE's attained. In terms of non-invitationals, this year's Vista Murrieta-Great Oak dual meet generated 42 DSE's all by itself!
Rankings of 2012 California Meets By DyeStatElite Marks Achieved:
1) Arcadia Invitational1,482 DyeStatElites
2) Mt. SAC Relays 606 DyeStatElites
3) Stanford Invitational 259 DyeStatElites
4) Mt. Carmel Invitational 251 DyeStatElites
5) Orange County Champs 228 DyeStatElites
6) Trabuco Hills Invitational 202 DyeStatElites
7) California Relays 172 DyeStatElites
8 ) CCS Top 8 166 DyeStatElites
9) Woody Wilson Invitational 156 DyeStatElites
10) West Coast Relays 149 DyeStatElites
11) Inland Empire Champs 144 DyeStatElites
12)) Distance Meet of Champs 120 DyeStatElites
13) Pasadena Games 117 DyeStatElites
14) Irvine Invitational 109 DyeStatElites
15) Maurice Greene Invitational 98 DyeStatElites
16) Redondo Invitational 66 DyeStatElites
17) San Gabriel Valley Champs 65 DyeStatElites
18) Rocklin Thunder Invitational 63 DyeStatElites
29) Sacramento State Classic 59 DyeStatElites
20) Sanger Metric Classic 58 DyeStatElites
20) St. Francis Invitational 58 DyeStatElites
22) Triton Invitational 56 DyeStatElites
23) Beach Cities Invitational 54 DyeStatElites
24) Dan Gabor Invitational 52 DyeStatElites
24) Roosevelt Invitational 52 DyeStatElites
* DSE's are performance standards for each event based on year-over-year national rating performance cutoffs.
* DyeStat does not currently compute Elite Marks in the 4x1600, 4xMile and Shuttle Hurdles relays.