Texans Camp Report: Day 10
August, 4, 2014
By Tania Ganguli | ESPN.com
HOUSTON -- A daily review of the hot topics coming out of Houston Texans training camp.
- Texans inside linebacker Mike Mohamed received quite a bit of verbal commendation from teammates and coaches during a running play he helped wreck. Mohamed has had a nice camp so far. I'd expect him to be an excellent backup at the position.
- Tackle Tyson Clabo, safety Lonnie Ballentine, running back Arian Foster, outside linebacker Jadeveon Clowney, safety Kendrick Lewis and receiver Andre Johnson all were at practice but did not participate. Offensive lineman Will Yeatman (concussion) and fullback Jay Prosch (hand) were not on the field.
- In the span of five plays, defensive end J.J. Watt batted down two passes from quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick. Later in practice nose tackle Ricardo Mathews, who batted several in Sunday's practice, got another. Toward the end of practice end Jared Crick got a couple more. It's the kind of play that's demoralizing, but gets harder when pads go on than they are in a shells practice.
- Safety D.J. Swearinger picked off another pass, this one from backup quarterback Case Keenum that was intended for Keshawn Martin. Swearinger said after practice it's his goal this season to create at least one turnover in every game. That could be an interception, a forced fumble or a pass defense that leads to a turnover.
- Practice returns Tuesday morning from 8 to 10 a.m. It'll be the last practice before the Texans' second day off of training camp and could feature some more live hitting. Their afternoon walk-through is closed to the media. Both sessions are closed to the public.