<
>

Sources: Clips interested in re-signing Robinson

4/10/2015

LOS ANGELES – The Clippers are interested in re-signing guard Nate Robinson and could bring him back as early as this weekend if he is healthy, sources said.

Robinson signed two 10-day contracts with the Clippers earlier this season but suffered a bone bruise to his left knee against the New Orleans Pelicans on March 22 and hasn’t been able to play since.

The Clippers had originally planned to sign Robinson for the rest of the season before his injury, but when he was unable to play, they instead signed guard Lester Hudson to a 10-day contract. Hudson’s 10-day contract expired Tuesday without a second offer.

Both Robinson and Hudson are still in play for the Clippers’ final roster spot but the Clippers’ preference is to sign Robinson if he is healthy and able to play, sources said.

In nine games with the Clippers this season, Robinson averaged 5.1 points and 2.2 assists in 14 minutes per game. He has played in 32 career playoff games in career and in 2013 averaged 16.3 points per game in the postseason with Chicago, playing in 12 games and starting in eight.

“Nothing right now,” Doc Rivers said when asked what the Clippers will do with the final roster spot. “We will sign someone. “

Rivers said Robinson was “in the conversation” to be re-signed but was still uncertain about his injured left knee.

“I think its better,” Rivers said. “Probably not where you’d like it, but it’s better.”